PDA

View Full Version : Resonance at Idle

RVGuy
12-03-2002, 21:49
Lately, I'm noticing that at an idle, the engine is causing a resonant vibration that I can feel in the steering wheel and dash. The engine is idling at around 700 rpm according to the tach. This is a bit lower than I recall.

Is/has another else experienced this? I can tell, if left unchecked, will cause the dreaded buzz anywhere and everywhere two pieces of anything come together.

Any thoughts?

needbigtruck
12-04-2002, 00:49
I have been getting this lately, but only on startup when it's cold out. I have been idleing it up as soon as oil pressure comes up and it stops. As soon as the engine is even a little warm it doesn't vibrate. I'm thinking about the fast idle mod so I can get out and brush the snow off while it warms a little. Other people have been having problems with thier dual-mass flywheels. You might want to read about that.

[ 12-03-2002: Message edited by: needbigtruck ]</p>

NJDMAX
12-04-2002, 19:54
I have the same problem. Look at the bracket on the turbo down pipe (in the r/s wheel well) It may be cracked (other people have had this also).
My truck is going in tomorrow to have the pipe replaced. I posted this under "drone noise"
Hope this helps.
Tom