PDA

View Full Version : Need a real Tractor. Input please!!

Alli-max
12-04-2002, 00:15
Okay Agri guys.... Need some input.

I am looking to buy a tractor. Somewhere between a 42 and 60 HP Diesel 4WD Tractor. I really like the Deutz Fahr Agrolux 60 ( http://www.samedeutzfahr.com/df-products.html ), but know NOTHING about their realiability. PTO is rated at 57 HP, can obviously run a 15' batwing, 6' cutter, and a 6' loader, etc., etc.

What do you know about these? The SAME dealership sells Massey, and said the DF is a far superior product. I was looking at a Kubota, but I understand they are slightly lighter duty products (not from this guy, but other sources).

ALSO.... Price on this model (no attachments) is $19,800, with the industrial tires (dont need agri tires). That seems to be a pretty good deal to me, but I dont know for sure. I can get into a 50 HP with a 6' Aleo Loader all ready on there for $21,000, so that might fit me better. (I will probably get a 10' batwing, not the 15', so the 60 HP might be a little much).

Now the other problem. The Dmax will yank it fine. But will be splitting it with the old man and he has a 5.3L Tahoe. Bumper pull trailer not a problem. Less than 10K.

Sorry mods if this might be off topic, but this site sees a lot of guys that use these type of products, and I did pay my dues. I really need some input here before I spend ~$30,000 on something.

01F350SRW
12-04-2002, 00:27
I'll go ahead and tell ya, I've owned and worked with every name brand products, and never have experienced any problems with any. The DF is one heck of a machine, but I would go w/ a Kubota, or a mostly a John Deere, they seem to be easier to find parts for and maintance shops are usually just right around the corner. Can't say the same for the DF.

Just my .02 man

But nothing Runs Like a Deere, theres just a certain pride in it... :cool: