PDA

View Full Version : Its Here!

DMAX Daddy
08-24-2002, 00:08
Probably the wrong place for this but I got my truck today, observations from the 75 mile drive back to the house:
Neat Stuff:
-DMAX has balls, didnt want to horse it too much with wife and baby in back
-XM Radio is awesome
-Drivers Side rear view mirror auto dims
-You can set the mirrors so they tilt down when you put it into reverse to see curbs
-Drivers Information Center is too fun to play with (at 55 on rural road I was getting 25MPG according to the computer, hopefully it isnt left over from the Florida Elections)
-DVD is nice, wife watched movie on trip home
-Rear seat audio center will come in very handy
-Truck looks better in person than I thought it would
- Fog Lights dont provide any additional distance lighting wise, but boy they sure light up the gutters well. Was looking at similar size aftermarket units but will play with these a bit

Stuff that is a pain (that I have found so far):
-All the new symbols for all controls. The frigging turn signal/cruise control/high beam/wind shield wiper stalk has so many pictures on it I was looking for the Dr. Suess guy. Steep learning curve

Didnt look for Catastrophic Converter but Im positive I have one

Ill post pictures in the AM, I need some sleep..

Piney
08-24-2002, 00:23
Congrats there DMAX Daddy. I think those new front ends will grow on me as time goes by. Glad to hear you like it. The rear audio and DVD player sound cool. Post pictures when you can.

DMAX Daddy
08-24-2002, 20:16
Pictures:

http://users.adelphia.net/~chiefq/truck.htm

It does have switch to turn off Auto Headlights and it does have an Overdrive Lockout Switch. More to follow... If ya can drg me out of it! :D :D :D

ThePend
08-24-2002, 20:53
Congrats to ya on the new baby.

Maverick
08-24-2002, 21:44
I hauled a 03' CC K3500, a 03' CC 1500HD w/QS, and a 03' 1500 LT out to the Alaska State Fair and that was the one of the first things I noticed was all the symbols. The Bose is nice. Got to play with the QS on the 1500HD. Thats pretty slick. Turns pretty sharp. Also hauled out a alot of 02's....burbs, Tahoes's, Impala's, Monte Carlo's, Cavailer's.