PDA

View Full Version : 1st D'max engine problem ??

JEBar
12-04-2002, 14:32
This morning temperature just below freezing (20 minutes into a 25 minute drive to work)... just over 28,000 miles on my truck ... idling along at 38-40 mph uncertain as to gear and RPM ... on a paved, relatively level two lane road .... Juice level set at 4 ... without any warning whatsoever, my engine suddenly quit ... message center quickly started flashing the battery symbol and all other dash lights also started to flash ... tach and gages fell to nonrunning positions ... shifted her to neutral and hit the key, she cranked on the first rev ... pulled her back into drive and she ran flawlessly .... no problems on the way home ===>
Questions:
1. Anybody have any ideal what happened?
2. How would I know if the onboard computer recoreded some type of code to indicate what happened?

Absolutely no prior proplems ... I'm completely stumped ..... Jim

Forced Induction
12-04-2002, 14:46
Same thing happened to me about three times now. Except mine always did it when I let off the throttle, never while under power. Take my foot of the petal to make a turn and step on it to go, but no go. Neutral and start it up, no prob., many others had this same problem, I don't know what it is. Same juice level as well. I just learn to live with it.

JA

pullinpower
12-04-2002, 14:58
I think it might be juice related. Some had some problems with the early box's.

sdaver
12-04-2002, 15:40
update to 4.61

stretch
12-04-2002, 16:04
Jim,
Had the same problem once a few months ago. Hit the go pedal and she croaked. I put the truck in neutral refired and its been perfect since. I will be updating real soon. I hoped edge found this problem and rectified it. :cool:

RVGuy
12-04-2002, 18:04
sdaver hit the nail on the head. I had the same exact symptoms. I spoke to Aaron several weeks ago about it. They had finally been able to duplicate this in their "lab" truck. The fix was put into version 4.61 and later.

Call Edge, get an RMA number and send it in for an upgrade.

Since getting mine back, the truck has ran perfect. Prior to this, the problem was occuring about once every day.

Mic
12-04-2002, 18:22
Ditto on the 4.61 upgrade....

prior to it I had similar instances. :cool:

JEBar
12-07-2002, 07:16
THANKS FOR THE REPLIES .... I want to apologize for taking so long to get post this noet of thanks. Shortly after posting my original question, our part of NC got slammed by an ice storm which knocked out power for almost 2,000,000 of us. We just got our power back on late last night. Thanks again, Juice unit will be removed today and I plan to make my first call to Edge on Monday ..... Jim

sdaver
12-07-2002, 08:03
MAYBE THE ICE WILL BE GONE WHEN YOU GET THE JUICE BACK.............ITS A LITTLE SPOOKY WHEN THE ROADS ARE SLICK :eek: .......DAVE

mackin
12-07-2002, 08:21
JEBar

Ditto on the upgrade......Mine HOT Juice fell on it's face ONCE at idle rolling into driveway, tapped the Peddle to go,died......Restarted immediately......Will I Upgrade?Perhaps.......Your area has been on the News in reference to the ICY problem.....Hope all is well with ya.....Get a "CHAIN GANG" to help in clean up.....I'll put on my darkest glasses and be a ready and able shotgun .......

MAC :eek:

GMC-2002-Dmax
12-07-2002, 10:03
Mac, JeBar, others..........

I had 4.30 and had similar problems as described, Aarron recommended an update to 4.61 and so far flawless operation and no problem with Level changes the first time and every time since it has worked without a hitch.

If anyone is thinking about updating to v4.61 it runs smooth and real strong. Most times I only run L2 or L3/90hp and it is more than enough.

L4 "Hot Juice" just plain ROCKS!!!!!

My advise.....UPDATE!!! ;)

GMC :D

JEBar
12-07-2002, 10:18
sdaver/Mack/GMC
Was pleased at how my 3500 ran on the slick stuff ... took it really slow and had no problems, wouldn't want to have her Juiced and turn it over to one of my boys, toooo much torque at toooo little pedal for their heavy feet...

Mack ... have you seen the commericial where the F**d pulls the ship through ice? GM needs one of yours pulling the entire storm system that hit us back up your way!! Y'all have the means to handle such weather, our only effective snow/ice removal equipment is Spring!!

GMC ... 4.30 in the box awaiting Monday's call to edge ... Jim

ChevysRus
12-10-2002, 18:25
My truck was cutting off occassionally (no juice) and I was starting to get a little worried about it when I noticed it only did it when I slipped it into Park!

After scratching my bald head several times and trying to get it to repeat the problem so I could show it to the dealer, it suddenly occurred to me that the shift arm is very close to the key switch when you pull it towards you to get the truck into park. Seems the lever was hitting the keys and turning the key in the switch. ha ha ha

Too many darn keys getting in the way. So for those of you who have a lot of keys on your key chain, watch out! LOL