PDA

View Full Version : TLA Please keep us updated on the Outcome

cowboywildbill
03-08-2003, 20:11
I think you should fight it. Please let us know what is going on. And what actions you are taking & are being taken on your behalf by your dealer and what GM is saying or doing. Thanks and GOOD LUCK!

[ 03-08-2003: Message edited by: Cowboy Wild Bill ]

[ 03-10-2003: Message edited by: Cowboy Wild Bill ]</p>

TLA
03-08-2003, 21:33
Will do - you can bet on it. I am competing 5 horses next weekend, and I am concentrating on getting them schooled (I am a 3-Day Event rider and trainer). One is a home bred Appendix Qtr in his 4 year old year - he is pretty special. But then, all my horses are pretty special.
How do you suppose this whole fiasco would play with the AQHA members?

cowboywildbill
03-09-2003, 23:20
I would think that GM would want to make this have a happy ending for you. Word of mouth is a great way to advertise, whether it is neg. or pos. it does get around. And the internet is really a great way to spread the word. I think if they don't stand behind their product it will come back to haunt them. And that will cost them sales. I had a Dodge cummins automatic, and Chrysler put 6 transmissions in it in 75,000 miles. They also worked on the brakes about 14 times. And replaced 2 fuel gauge sending units,that are in the fuel tank. And they never gave me a hard time at all.But maybe that was due in part because of a good dealer( Fitzgerald's Auto Mall in Frederick, Md.) but they did have the factory guy's come out and look at the truck to try and solve the problems. They never gave me any grief, except that they wouldn't give me a new pair of rotors. But I always got the truck fixed under warranty with no hassels. And I didn't even buy it there.They sell Chevy, Dodge and a couple of other brands. But because of the great treatment I will probably buy my next truck there unless while I'm at the AQHA congress, GMC has another unbeatable deal. Keep your chin up and ride safe and win. Good luck and please keep us up to date. Wild Bill.

[ 03-09-2003: Message edited by: Cowboy Wild Bill ]</p>

mackin
03-14-2003, 06:22
While purging my bookmarks I ran into this....

=&gt;http://www.sema.org/content/?id=8124

Just thought I'd toss it in......

MAC

stillracing
03-15-2003, 08:38
TLA,

Tell GM this, if they do not handle your problem professionally and find out why your truck quit many diesel page members including me, will quitely sell their GM truck and move to another brand.

Americans have modified their rigs since the beginning of time and will continue to do so even if GM tells us not to.

I know there is something about your problem we and GM can learn from, FIX wheather you pay for it or not so other owners do not expierence the same issue, and its a win win for everyone. I'll even send money to find out why this happened.

I like my truck and want to keep it but will sell if GM is so uninterested in your truck's problem.

NutNbutGMC
03-15-2003, 20:02
&lt;&lt;Quote&gt;&gt;
Tell GM this, if they do not handle your problem professionally and find out why your truck quit many diesel page members including me, will quitely sell their GM truck and move to another brand.
&lt;&lt;End&gt;&gt;

My next one (soon, 04) will not be a GMC product. GMC has very poor customer relations, along with known scally-wag stealerships.

Animal
03-16-2003, 02:34
This may help if you decide to fix it yourself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33615&item=2406633484&rd=1

FirstDiesel
03-16-2003, 09:03
Got no bids at his asking price! Maybe this is good news that the prices for a replacement engine are starting to come down.

Dmaxenvy
03-17-2003, 03:01
TLA,

I feel for you! GM is not living up to thier responsiblities via the Magnuson-Moss Act, which is a blow to goodwill in my eyes. I just ordered an 03 Dmax which is supposed to be built this week. I was seriously considering gauges and Juice, but will hold off until you have some closure on this issue.

From my experience in business, I am not terribly surprised by their actions. It is unfortunate that a high-road was not taken by GM, but seems to be rule rather than the exception. When it comes to legal battles, the decision is often based on cost/benefit analysis rather basis of a case...ie, you have to decide weather or not is is worth your time and $$ to chase this down.

I personally hope you do push this to closure. Good luck!

On Edit: Have you tried getting Edge Products, Inc. involved? Seems like they have a lot riding on this issue. Couldn't hurt to give them a call!

[ 03-17-2003: Message edited by: Dmaxenvy ]</p>