PDA

View Full Version : Reputabled dealer in Ontario??

BarryD
02-26-2004, 04:56
I am looking for a dealer someone has taken their truck to in the Burlington/Oakville/Mississuaga Area. The dealer I bought the truck off is hopeless. It has taken them a month for them to clear up their PDI errors. The level of knowledge about the truck is low. I know more....now that's scarey :eek:

I have to go back one more time for them to take out the POS remote starter they sold me through MASS, and fix the bumper they broke putting on the winter cover last month. :mad:

I won't be taking the truck to the dealer for normal service, I use a private shop for the day to day stuff.. I am more concerned with warranty issues and am scared to take it to the dealers I have had experience with so far.

Anyone have knowledge of a reputable GMC dealer in my area with Duramax Diesel experience? This might be asking too much.

heartbeatcanada
02-26-2004, 17:46
Sorry i can't help you. I live in the same area, and will not take my truck to one of the many dealers. I bought my truck up in Guelph and always had warrranty stuff done by them. They were awesome, and the mechanic that i requested new his stuff. They didn't stand behind me on a cosmetic warranty item so i walked. Other than that they were good. Always gave me a loaner, the hole nine yards.

I've got other stories of Burlington dealers such as forgetting to tighten my oil dran plug :eek: did an alighnment wrong and chewed my brand new rubber on the front in 5000kms :eek: . I know where your coming from hard to find someone good to work on our trucks.

I do all my own maintanence now, even if its warrranty related, unless its big $$$$$$$. Are you doing any mods to your truck??? Later Jeremy

BarryD
02-27-2004, 04:39
No mods planned for this season. Ran out of money. :rolleyes:
I use a great garage for all work they are SK Automotive in Oakville.

I agree about the repairs unless it's something major I will probably do it myself. The Head Office is trying to find me a dealer with DuraMax experience. Nothing heard yet and not expecting to hear anything.

heartbeatcanada
02-27-2004, 05:05
Say hi to Larry and Dale for me. I have the identical truck as Larry except the dmax. Thats who i got my cowl induction hood from like Larry's. If you tell them you were talking to Jeremy, you'll probably get a chuckle out of the pair and probably get a couple funny stories about me from them. Great guys, you've found a great place for work thats for sure.

Maybe see ya there, as i stop in once in a while. If you want mods they'll hook you up, as they are friends with my buddy down the street that does performance mods.Later Jeremy

WillowCreekStable
02-27-2004, 08:55
I work in Stoney Creek and if anyone finds a good dealer I'm interested. I've used a Hamilton dealer by just for routine service. Until just recently I haven't needed any serious service, however I've developed hard start/no start condition. I bought it in Welland and that's who is working on it. They think its the injector pump, being replaced next Tuesday. Of course at first they thought it was dead batteries, well DUH I was cranking it over trying to start it......Roadside assistance did tow me in no charge although I'm out of warranty.

crafty
03-01-2004, 08:20
BarryD

Too bad you aren't a bit closer to the east side of Toronto. The dealer I use is Lindsay Pontiac in Lindsay which is about 90 miles north east of Toronto. I bought the truck there and they have done all warranty work as well. I've had no problems with their work. I only have 66,000 on my truck and no injector or fuel related issues so far. If you want a contact name etc I can pass it along. :D :D :D

BarryD
03-03-2004, 12:11
I found a place finally! The URL is below.

http://www.humberview.com/location/humberview-gm/console***p?pageId=truckCentre&sectionId=2

It is called a "Medium Duty" truck center. Nothing but trucks in the lot. I feel a little better about warranty work now.