PDA

View Full Version : Engine codes after Pre OEM Racor install...

jeephauler
02-26-2004, 13:11
Installed Racor pre OEM filter kit 2 days ago. Driving to work this morning, and noticed yellow engine light on. Hooked up OBDII scanner, and it output power codes 90 and 193. According to my information, 193 is a fuel rail pressure sensor circuit high input, and 90 is Fuel Pressure Reg. Control Circuit. When I got home, I changed my primary filter, which had about 8,000 miles on it, and it did not appear overly dirty (bottom 1/3 of filter was black, slight amount of rust inside filter casing).

Any thoughts on what is going on? Seems too big of coincedence that Racor kit was installed just two days before this.

Thanks.

deerhunter7
02-26-2004, 17:46
I have a pre Racor also.Never have had any problems, My hunch would be your Juice .

OC_DMAX
02-26-2004, 20:44
DTC P0090 - The engine control module supplies power and ground to the fuel rail presure (FRP) regulator. The ECM monitors current on the circuits to detect a failure. If the current is outside of the expected range, DTC P0090 will be set.

DTC P0193 - The engine control module (ECM) monitors the fuel rail pressure via a fuel rail pressure (FRP) sensor. If the fuel rail pressure is above the upper limit for the sensor, DTC P0193 will be set.

The above are from the service manual.

There are pages of troubleshooting to go through. For the 0090 fault, it comes down to a faulty Fuel Pressure Regulator, a faulty ECM or an intermittant and/or bad connection between the two. For the 0193 code, it comes down to a faulty Fuel Pressure Sensor, a faulty ECM or an intermittant and/or bad connection between the two.

I see no correlation in these faults to a dirty fuel filter or a new supplemental filter installation. Maybe others on the forum have a different insight.

You have the Juice installed and these signal go through the connectors that the Juice splices into. The troubleshooting procedure mentions intermittant/bad connectors. So then a good first step would be what Deerhunter mentions above, disconnect the Juice. See if the fault disappears.

Alan

jeephauler
02-27-2004, 02:11
Thanks guys, hoping at this point it was just a fluke. Juice had been unplugged during install of WIF sensor wire, and well, I removed the codes, and they have not as yet returned. Go figure. Thanks much for the feedback, if they return, I will disconnect Juice (that will hurt!) first.

Cliffee
02-29-2004, 10:03
I have over 9k on my Raycor Pre/OEM and so far not one problem.