PDA

View Full Version : Duramax Diesels take top three spots at Loyal, Wi pull!

SoMnDMAX
08-25-2002, 22:05
That's right boys and girls (including Allimax tongue.gif ), the D/A can pull!!

Saturday night five trucks did full pulls. Three D/A's, and two Dodges. I took sixth place, pulling 297' 11".

In the pulloff, the first place D/A pulled 282 feet and change, the second place D/A pulled 277 feet, and third (which was our very own John Kennedy) pulled 273 feet and change. John was at an advantage for weight compared to the other two, but at a disadvantage with his narrow 235 tires. Fourth and fifth place were modified Dodges with the Cummins. They both pulled 250-260 feet. I can't remember the exact measurements.

There was 20-25 trucks in attendance, with our four 2500HD's being the only "new" GM's there. About half of the trucks there were Dodges with Cummins, or PSD equipped Fords.

RedDog1
08-26-2002, 21:11
That is good, but I'm willing to bet (they) wouldn't fair to well here. I would love to see one pull good,,, but just hasn't happened.

The Dodge crowd here is very strong!!! My Supercharged 454 cannot compete with them :( And I have never been beat by a Dmax :D

RedDog

hdmax(mike)
08-27-2002, 18:18
If you haven`t been beat by a Duramax, Chances are you haven`t pulled against one.

The two truck pulls I`ve seen with a Diesel class Had a 8,000# diesel class. And they pulled after all other classes. Transfer speed was sped up and 4,000# was added to the sled. And the Duramax pulled farther then most of the gas trucks had with the lighter weight and slower transfer speed.

Both Duramax`s I`ve seen pull were without a doubt stock, and was new to pulling.

RedDog1
08-27-2002, 21:04
The heck I haven't pulled against one :mad: . I always pull in the diesel class,, with the exception of the Mt. Pleasant Shootout. And that was only because they seperated the gassers from the diesels.

Mike,,, I'll pull against you. We are close and I'll be at Stoutsville Saturday. :D

RedDog

CPMac632
08-27-2002, 21:57
Reddog what are the rules and where is the pull. If I can get my pulling clutch in I would like to go.

RedDog1
08-28-2002, 07:37
The class is 7200lbs Cheater stock gas/diesel. Hitch height is 24"

Pull starts at noon Saturday (31st). It is located between Lancaster and Circleville off of State Route 22. At the intersection of 22 and Fausnaugh School Rd, you will turn south on Fausnaugh School Rd. Run it to the stop sign, (about 3 miles) and turn right. The fire house is on your right, and the pull is right behind the firehouse.

Mike,
Bring your Dmax!! If you beat me, I'll be more than happy to post it!! smile.gif

RedDog

hdmax(mike)
08-28-2002, 16:16
I can not afford to take that chance. Not you beating me, But just buying a $43,000 truck and going playing like that. Besides my wife would turn in to Bobbit. (and remove you know what) :eek:

Red; I just don`t see how your truck could have stayed with the Diesel trucks the other night. Hell You didn`t even beat half the gas trucks, What did you place? 10th? :D ;) I`m just rassin with ya! smile.gif

If I don`t have work Saturday, I`ll see you there. Good luck at the pull either way. :cool:

MAD-MAX
08-28-2002, 16:27
HD_MAX
Sounds like you should have traded in the WIFE when you got the new Toy truck !!!!
Go play life is to short..
I wana go to the next pull in WISCONSIN if some would let me know i,d be real happy
:D :D :D ...

MAD-MAX
08-28-2002, 16:32
wanted to see if my pic,s page was updated
come look if ya wana..
http://community.webshots.com/album/46504759nPLxIr

RedDog1
08-28-2002, 21:13
Mike, It is under warranty,,, what would you be afraid of? ;)

I finished 8th out of 22. That was my first pull with 2 different size tires. At least I didn't bog down at the end :D I have never won one,, best finish is 3rd,, I did that twice. I do it for fun. Open differentials, hitch at the very rear do not help me at all,, but at least I am competitive.

There is not alot of people that tow a pullin truck to a pull, and then unhook the tow vehicle and pull with it :eek:

See ya Saturday,,,, RedDog

Kennedy
08-28-2002, 21:25
Guess it's official, it made the paper! No measurements, but the places and make of truck.

I've never had much luck pulling, so this was quite refreshing, especially since the other two trucks were friends/customers!

What I SHOULD have done was swap tires/wheels with SoMN!

Now they say it payed back 3 places. Heck I didn't even hear them announce anything but the winner. Guess I had better get ahold of Mark (2nd) and find out where to collect...

BowTieDmax
08-28-2002, 23:11
Some more Dmax owners doing good at the pulls. This is good news. I know since my pulls I managed to convert one dodge owner and another is thinking about it. Its about time chevy got more competive at the pulls. There is truck pulls at the Canfield county ohio fair this Saturday. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

SoMnDMAX
08-28-2002, 23:40
John, no tire swap... That's my only advantage over your truck!! ;)

Does anyone know if there is any pulls in Minnesota yet this year? I wanna do it again!! :D :D