PDA

View Full Version : FAQ Area

DMAX Daddy
12-06-2002, 10:55
This might be a flaky idea, but you think we could start an AFK section with links to all the most common questions?

Only the board moderators could post there, but they could post the answers to the most common questions we see over and over and over and over.

Sample Ideas:
What Tires...
What Remote Start...
What Air Filter...
What Power box...
What camper shell...

This way we could consolidate the awesome information that folks leave here and it wont get lost.

More Power
12-06-2002, 12:24
Something like you propose is very possible.

However, we would need each member's help.

When you come across a forum thread that contains good solid, reliable and accurate information that is worth maintaining in an FAQ forum archive, send an email to the address below containing the link to that thread.

I suspect a new Member's Duramax FAQ forum would be created for just this purpose.

MP

hoot
12-06-2002, 12:54
That's basically what I'm doing with my signature as I've grown weiry of repeat answers.

Jelisfc
12-06-2002, 14:01
More Power, Open up the Allocations area to post the threads. You were looking for ideas. Kind of a clearing house. Even if temporary.

HDLD
09-12-2003, 09:46
What ever became of this idea? I can't think of how many times I've wondered about something only to have to search (individually) through the forums, taking up a LOT of time in doing so plus all the questions that are asked repetitively. Seems awfully inefficient at present.

Doesn't have to be specifically for new members. Doesn't have to be conclusive information, just a summary of the prevailing thoughts when areas are grey. I would also make it for members only.

Now all we need is approval and volunteer(s)!

More Power
09-12-2003, 11:41
Still a good idea... Would offering free stuff help?

MP