PDA

View Full Version : Engine Oil Question

MudNurI
08-26-2002, 16:42
Truck is at the shop tonight, for a bearing kit install and a LOF tomorrow. Quick story behind this for those of you that don't remember.

Truck is worked on at two different dealerships, dealership #1, the original, is the only one that has done the LOF so far. They told John he HAD to use Synthetic for warranty info, look in the owners manual etc... ( I did, and I don't see it)...

Dealer #2 is doing the LOF tomorrow, and John did not tell them to use Synthetic. He says, if 1 dealership uses it, they all will. I'm saying, if I spent the money I have on the previous oil changes, and now this dealership goes and puts regular oil in, I'm going to be LIVID.

What I can find in the owners manual is the CF4 or CG4 notes.

What I find on those two things are just that it's a oil specifically designed by the API for diesel engines. No where in the artical by the API does it state its synthetic.

Should I call the dealership tomorrow AM before they begin working on it, or are they going to use the same oil.

The oil that we have always used is Mobil 1 Delvac.

Thanks guys
Brandy

mackin
08-26-2002, 17:07
MudNurI ,

I don't know where the dealer got that info from......Synthetic is not poured into our D-max at the dealers per manual.....If I were you I would bring 10 quarts of your favorite brew and tell them to use what ya brought......Let them supply the oil filter that will make them happy.....

MAC :D