PDA

View Full Version : duramaximiser shuttering

pullinpower
12-06-2002, 17:17
Well seems that the maximiser is "shuttering" at times when the truck is not all the way up to temp.It goes away when I turn the dial down. Would a weak fuel pressure spring cause this shutter? JK didnt you modify yours with a washer or something?

SoCalDieselNewbie
12-06-2002, 17:26
Pullinpower,

1) you really shouldn't be standing on a cold truck.

2) I have a setup that is similar to yours and I have not experienced the shuttering

pullinpower
12-06-2002, 17:29
SoCalDieselNewbie,this is at light to moderate throttle nothing heavy.

SoCalDieselNewbie
12-06-2002, 17:56
sounds like your throttle sensor is out of calibration.

The duramaximizer SHOULD NOT be active until 70% of the throttle is depressed.

Kennedy
12-06-2002, 22:17
When was the last time you changed your fuel filter? Been seeing a LOT of neglect in this area lately.

From there, I would suggest eliminating mods one at a time to see if they are causing or related to the issue.

sdaver
12-06-2002, 23:09
IT SEEMS A BAD DOSE OF FUEL YIELDED A FULL TABLESPOON FULL OF WATER FROM MY FUEL FILTER I WAS GETTING A SHUTTER UPON GRADUAL ACCERLRATION IN 5TH GEAR .....A NEW FUEL FILTER AND SOME FPPF FUEL POWER HAS APPARENTLY SOLVED THE PROBLEM.......IT WAS MUCH MORE APPARENT WITH THE JUICE IN 3 OR 4 THAN WITH TIMING ONLY OR STOCK.........MORE FUEL NEEDED AND MORE FUEL AND WATER SUPPLIED......HENCE.........MORE SHUTTER......COULD THE KNOB TURNED UP CREATE A SIMILAR SITUATION.......?DAVE

pullinpower
12-07-2002, 16:51
JK my filter only has 3k on it.Thr truck seems to do it alot when its not up full operating temp.

sdaver,I may try some additive in it as I haven't been running any and my be a few bad tanks of fuel.

sdaver
12-07-2002, 17:18
MY FILTER WITH THE WATER ONLY HAD 2K ON IT STILL HAD THE WATER.......$20.00.........TO FIND OUT.......DAVE

pullinpower
12-08-2002, 13:53
Well I put some additive in my tank and havent noticed the "shuttering" that I was seeing before.

JK,what did you do to your fuel psi spring? I remember you telling me you had to modify it in some way.

sdaver
12-08-2002, 17:34
GOOD DEAL.....IT SURE MADE ME FEEL BETTER WHEN MINE LEFT AFTER READING ALL OF THE INJECTOR HORROR STORIES.. :D DAVE