PDA

View Full Version : Mega Filter Install

Very Old Dog
03-01-2004, 12:36
Ok .... you are handy, mechanical, and have the energy to install a Mega filter on your Duramax. What happens if you are not handy with engines, do not have tools, and certainly do not have the energy to install this filter kit? Are there shops around who would do his installation? And how would I find one locally? If this kit costs $300.00, what would the installation cost be? I'd appreciate your responses. Thanks.

DmaxMaverick
03-01-2004, 14:36
I installed mine in about 2 hours. The time included cleaning/oiling the Amsoil air filter, changing the OEM fuel filter and bleeding. My truck is a 2001. A 2003 may be a little more restrictive on the underhood space and take a little more time.

A good shop familiar with fuel systems should be able to do it in about an hour, and certainly less than 2. I don't think I would have Pep Boys (or the like) do it, though.

Just print up the install instructions from JK's site and take it to a good local shop, or better yet, a GMC truck center. The truck center would probably cost a little more (maybe not), but they are familiar with your vehicle's systems and frequently install supplemental filter systems.

SoMnDMAX
03-02-2004, 06:26
Actually, the '03s are just as easy as the '01s. I've done the install on both, and not much changed...