PDA

View Full Version : Help with decision

Mark-
03-02-2004, 13:35
I just took delivery of a 2004 1/2 Duramax LLY Allison combo. (Wonderful!) Which aftermarket box is the best choice for it? The Juice? Banks? I will be towing a 13500 35' 5th wheel. Tnx for your thoughts and suggestions in advance.

Heartbeat Hauler
03-02-2004, 14:09
Well, there are as many answers as there are members, but here is mine: For towing, I would suggest the Banks Stinger Kit. It gives you the guages you will need to monitor critical motor functions, a 4" exhaust to keep EGTs low, a better air intake solution, and an additional 70 hp. In addition, it will monitor trans slippage and backoff the power as required to keep from damaging the transmission. Now 70 hp doesn't sound like much compared to some other boxes, but you really can't tow at those higher HP levels safely, in my opinion. Now for the disclaimer, the Banks stuff is expensive compared to the other products, but you get over 20 years of technical know-how, experience, and product testing. I pull a smaller 9K 5er with my truck and have no problems. So, good luck and welcome to the Forum. :D
JP

Amianthus
03-03-2004, 05:59
As with all questions of this nature, you will get a whole myriad of opinions.

Here's mine. I would suggest an Edge Juice Attitude. It has all the components you will need (pyro, boost), simple to install, and quite flexible in operation.

This is not to say that other modules don't have something to offer. They certainly do. But for value, performance, and simplicity, the Juice Attitude is a great place to start.