PDA

View Full Version : TS Powerloader or Durmaximizer?

gregmican
12-07-2002, 19:47
Hey guys I have narrowed my search to one of these two. Which one should I go with? The Duramaximizer is cheaper, is the Ts Powerloader worth the extra cash? I would love to have the Juice, but It's a pain in the A** to put one on my manual tranny truck. It's not adjustable either. Unless I have a automatic truck to put it on first then install it on mine. Not worth the money to me if I can't adjust the power settings! :mad:

SoCalDieselNewbie
12-07-2002, 21:43
This one is a NO BRAINER. The correct answer is....... BOTH!

These to products work flawlessly with each other, the drivabilty and reliability is retained, and the truck will fly. I believe PPE is doing a package discount.

If I had to pick 1, it would be the TTS PCM reflashes (PPE & TS are just packaging).

The performance is amazing.

pullinpower
12-07-2002, 22:04
gregmican,I agree with SoCalDieselNewbie,they work great together and make real GOOD power. Go with both.

gregmican
12-07-2002, 23:44
wow you guys must think I won the lottery, I only have enough cash for one of them.... tongue.gif

srubrn
12-08-2002, 06:05
I had the Maximizer on my 6 speed and I had a bad fishbite problem with the first unit I got then the second one without the ground cable made my truck go crazy. It would hardly run and set off SES lights. I had a total of three units and none worked on my truck. Could have been my truck.
I prefer stock now.

CPMac632
12-08-2002, 12:22
I would say the reflash would definately be better that the duramaximizer alone. The only drawback would be down the road you wouldn't be able to sell it and change products because it only fits your truck. For the money on a six speed truck the Van Aaken with the 70-110 hp program would be a good value at around $850.

hdmax(mike)
12-08-2002, 15:05
When a company comes out with a plug in like the Hypertech, (but with a lot more power) then will be the time to buy.

I don`t like the idea of sending the unit in for exchange, or paying out the A$$ for an extra one.

sdaver
12-08-2002, 16:50
RUMMORED.....JUICE WITH IN CAB SWITCH.......GEARED TOWARDS MANUAL TRANS DMAXES(NOT JUST IN TOW HAUL SWITCH...IE ON THE FLY) :D DAVE

mackin
12-08-2002, 17:42
sdaver

Just make sure it isn't raining,foggy ,or dark out !!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

MAC tongue.gif

pullinpower
12-08-2002, 18:38
LOL, :D

gun runner
12-09-2002, 16:53
Have put about 4000 mi. on a Duramaximizer towing a 36 ft enclosed goose, at 19000 gross.
Gas milage drops to 12 mph on full power setting , towing ; 14-15 turned off.
Works great!

Kennedy
12-09-2002, 18:28
Of the two, it is a no brainer. Pulse width over pressure any day. Remember, SCDN stated in an earlier post that the Maximizer doesn't do anything until 70% pedal.

The pressure boxes as far as I am concerned, are best suited for stacking. While they work well, and were the best performers at one time, they have gotten passed by very quickly.

George Gozelski
12-09-2002, 18:45
For what it's worth, I had originally purchased a Duramaximizer. What a )(*&&%^ to install! I went for a test run and wasn't terribly impressed. The power comes on smooth but it's progressive in that you have to really "stick it" to notice anything. After I came back from the test run, I could smell diesel coming from under the hood because of the raised fuel pressures! It was leaking some fuel (from where I don't know)and then began to "skip" and "cough" after setting the cruise control. Needless to say, I sent it back.

Next, I bought a Juice box. Ran like a screamin banshee, until it rained! Every now and again, it would come to a near stop while driving in the rain. Sent that unit back (3.5) and now am running a 4.30 with no trouble. I did however, notice a big difference between the two Juice boxes. The old 3.5 had more on take off than the 4.30, but the 4.30 has more mid range oomf!

My advice would be to not buy anything right now because of the continual arrival of new STUFF! However if you must, I'd also check out the TS Performance Powerloader! I don't sell products for anyone nor do I endorse one product over another it's just my experiences!