PDA

View Full Version : Quadzilla Tuner

FreddyChevy
12-14-2004, 16:47
I have just spent the last 2 hours reading about the Dtealth tuner. The last post if from almost a year ago. I am wondering if any one is running the newer programs. I have a 2002 D/A. Also what is the hot set up for an intake. Does the AFE suck up water/sand/ect?

Thanks
Kevin

[ 12-14-2004, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: FreddyChevy ]

More Power
12-14-2004, 17:11
You might want to check out the range of tuner/programmers available at PPE (http://www.pacificp.com). Their LB7 tuners go as high as 300 FW horsepower.

I haven't used a Quad, but I believe Micheal Tomac uses one with his hot 12 second truck.

I evaluated an AFE Stage II (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/afe.htm). Went on one 1200 mile trip, and drove locally for a few weeks with the kit installed. I didn't see a downside. Quality components, excellent fit and it did produce a measureable HP gain. And, there is a variety of filter elements that should suit most types of environments (clean to dusty).

MP

yankee
12-14-2004, 19:04
Originally posted by FreddyChevy:
I have just spent the last 2 hours reading about the Dtealth tuner. The last post if from almost a year ago. I am wondering if any one is running the newer programs. I have a 2002 D/A. Also what is the hot set up for an intake. Does the AFE suck up water/sand/ect? Thanks
Kevin Kevin

Quadzilla/Bullydog/PPE are all one and the same just a different package with the exception PPE is over priced. Check out their site there selling Duramax High Idle kits for big bucks.Something you can put together for $10 bucks,what's that tell you?That and their numbers don't jive ,simply put are "estimated" flywheel numbers.Marketing ploy

A ECM loader style chip is packed with features. Speed limit defeat,tire roll out and code reader.The TTS Power Loader or drop in custom ECM is very linear in power delivery. Shop around find your best price, is my best advice.

The AFE Stage II is hard to beat. All air cleaners will suck water including the OE,if submerged or rushed with standing water.

FreddyChevy
12-15-2004, 06:44
Yankee, what do you mean by an ECM loader style chip?
Also from the past posts that I have read the BullyDog and the Quadzilla both use the same plastic housing but the insides are different. I don't know anything about the PPE. Not saying that you are wrong just restating what I have read. I agree about the high idel over priced I probally cost me 5$ and an hour to do it myself.
Thanks for the input on the AFE. I am just worried about more crap getting at the filter because it appers more open than the stock.
Kevin

Kennedy
12-15-2004, 07:27
Originally posted by yankee:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FreddyChevy:
I have just spent the last 2 hours reading about the Dtealth tuner. The last post if from almost a year ago. I am wondering if any one is running the newer programs. I have a 2002 D/A. Also what is the hot set up for an intake. Does the AFE suck up water/sand/ect? Thanks
Kevin Kevin

Quadzilla/Bullydog/PPE are all one and the same just a different package with the exception PPE is over priced. Check out their site there selling Duramax High Idle kits for big bucks.Something you can put together for $10 bucks,what's that tell you?That and their numbers don't jive ,simply put are "estimated" flywheel numbers.Marketing ploy

A ECM loader style chip is packed with features. Speed limit defeat,tire roll out and code reader.The TTS Power Loader or drop in custom ECM is very linear in power delivery. Shop around find your best price, is my best advice.

The AFE Stage II is hard to beat. All air cleaners will suck water including the OE,if submerged or rushed with standing water. </font>[/QUOTE]Actually, the Quadzilla is the only one of the afformentioned units that I have tested to have TRUE unique tunes. I've tested the Bullydog 150 tune vs the PPE 230 for a customer and the tunes were identical. The BD Intimidator top tune is also identical tested against the PPE on my truck. The Quad in most cases has more manageable timing rattle also whereas the PPE I canot stand. The BD unit wasn't on my turck for long, but did seem to be less aggressive on the timing also.

Kennedy
12-16-2004, 05:41
I sent a Stealth to Quad, and had it back in 2 days with some VERY unique programming on it. The files that I've dyno tested on the Stealth are definitely WAY different than the PPE/Bully Dog/BD units. Hardware is definitely same though...