PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy at K&S FI's dyno. Pics.

MAV
09-19-2003, 15:50
I meet Kennedy at K & S Fuel Injection in Schofield, WI to do some dyno runs today.
He pulled a peak burst of 461 rwhp with a stack of a TST and a Duramaxamiser(sp). The most other normal numbers were 436,427, and 425 rwhp. He has 285's on now wich will account for some lost HP. Also tried an AFE kit. Man does that thing hummm. We ran out of time to be able to run my truck. Maybe next week when my 135 Quad shows up. It was fun anyway. :D
http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL227/437876/838706/34098778.jpg
http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL227/437876/838706/34098783.jpg

Kennedy
09-19-2003, 19:29
Hey Mav, is that all it smoked?

I wasn't watching back there...

Interesting (read as confusing) results today. Not as good as I had hoped for. DEFINITELY another reason to buy my own dyno, so I can sleep on it and come back with fresh ideas. There's definitely more there, it just didn't seem on it's game for some reason. The BIG variable was the Maximizer, but it was good for some HP so...

MAV
09-20-2003, 05:26
That was the first burst of smoke. With it so windy out, it blew all over real fast so I had to be quick with the camera. It still blew black smoke through out almost all of your runs.

sonofagun
09-20-2003, 06:07
Way to go John, REALLY fast and your own built
in SMOKEY screen!! ;)

Good numbers!.
Regards,
Bob

tysmith
09-20-2003, 06:53
I knew you had the four into five, but that tailpipe is HUGE! :eek: :D ;)
Have you developed an aiming device for that thing? Them Civics wouldn't stand a chance! :D :D :D

Seriously, any runs with the UNI? Just wondering how well it breathes...

Ty

DMAX Daddy
09-20-2003, 14:33
Dyno day at Kennedy Diesel eventually?

I would have to make the trip sooner or later, and with all the toys on hand for purchase my poor VISA card would need a Suncoast Tranny!

sdaver
09-20-2003, 15:35
Im already on schedule to be the first to dyno when the dynos installed..........if you dont believe me just ask elaine......... :D dave

Max Power
09-20-2003, 15:44
Roughly what is a dyno worth?

Kennedy
09-20-2003, 17:34
I am running the Uni on a daily basis. Just for grins, I put the AFE kit on (loosely) to see what happened. May have helped a bit, but we had to play with the straps to get the roller bite that we wanted, and things in general just weren't going well. I had already swapped back to stock ECM programming when the strap adjustments were made. This was good for 15-20 HP IIRC, but even then, things did not seem right. Typically, the truck humps up, the driver's door lifts etc. On this day, it just felt as if it was just going through the motions.

This was supposed to be a quick run, and to be honest, I expected to top 500HP. I KNOW it will do it with the combo I had on, but there is something in the program that will not let it run free the way that I test.

TST Comp and Edge Comp stacked with a pressure box were both in the 430-440 range.

Dave,

I'm sure she'd sit and read a book in your truck too!

Max Power,

Dyno's typically run in the same range a Silverado HD's with D/A...

MAV
09-20-2003, 17:47
I installed a UNI from John on this dyno day. When my Quad 135 shows up next week, I'll run my stock truck with the UNI and straight piped exhaust for some comparision numbers.

Amianthus
09-22-2003, 10:25
461 HP, eh? I better not remove that propane quite yet. ;) Very Impressive.

Kennedy
09-22-2003, 13:45
The 461 was a spike. It was actually a disappointing 440's number. The 461 is what one would consider "before smoothing" which was a result of the TST/Maximizer stacking combo "bursting."

I never use spikes, only the smoothed numbers spit out by the computer on the print out...

TST Tech
09-24-2003, 12:48
Hi guys
Those are pretty good number there John! We have days here where the trucks just don't put out as much as we think they should also. Gremlins , I guess. We had a gentlemans truck here on our dyno that put out 468 and 924 at the rear. That was with our comp box stacked with a VA pressure box. Comp box alone only put out 443 and 881 torque. Have you tried stacking our box or the Edge with a Superchip tuner? I 've been getting some good reports on that combination. Have a great day. P.S What brand of Dyno are you considering?

Kennedy
09-24-2003, 20:16
Originally posted by TST Tech:
Hi guys
Those are pretty good number there John! We have days here where the trucks just don't put out as much as we think they should also. Gremlins , I guess. We had a gentlemans truck here on our dyno that put out 468 and 924 at the rear. That was with our comp box stacked with a VA pressure box. Comp box alone only put out 443 and 881 torque. Have you tried stacking our box or the Edge with a Superchip tuner? I 've been getting some good reports on that combination. Have a great day. P.S What brand of Dyno are you considering? Well, Greg and myself handled most of this via telephone, but basically:

TST and Maximizer was similar to Comp Juice and Maximizer. My preference is the VA for this for SUPER easy installation, but I needed to try the Maximizer for a different reason.

Dyno is a tossup between the Mustang and Super Flow. A Mustang 250 would suffice, BUT I really don't want to outgrow it so it's still under debate. Time may be a big key here too as I've got Mustang experience, but no SF experience. I guess that is next...

Kennedy
09-27-2003, 11:39
Running on a Super Flow proved quite interesting! HP numbers came pretty consistent with the Mustang, but TQ was up where it SHOULD be. A controlled sweep run showed a nice steady progression, and did not run away in the middle of the run like the Mustang did. Tires got only warm, and not gummy like on the Mustang.

SO, after seeing this, and a few other details, it will be intersting to see what happens when stepping on an "optimistic" Dyno Jet. After all, I've always used raw uncorrected Rear Wheel power numbers! :eek:

457RWHP @ 2995RPM

965.8 Lb/ft @ 2295 RPM

The other beauty is the SuperFlow Windyn viewing software is free!

jjgmc
09-28-2003, 16:41
John where did you go to run on the super flow?

Kennedy
09-28-2003, 17:35
Near Appleton...