PDA

View Full Version : New 2003 Dmax/alli 3500 with fuel problems

cowboywildbill
03-06-2004, 12:13
I have a friend that is a rodeo stock contractor. He has a new ( one of the left over 2003 models) cc dually. He said that he is having problems everytime he goes on a trip over 300 miles with the truck it starts losing power and stopping and the check engine light comes on. He hits the On star button, and they say he has a fuel problem. He say's he has had it in to a couple of dealers, and they can't find out what is wrong with it. He stated that they said it did present about three codes. But they can't seem to fix it. He has had it in at a local dealer that can't fix it either, they have had his truck for three weeks now. It has had the fuel checked and the filter changed every time ect. Any ideas. This is his second D-max. He loves these trucks, he has always hauled with Dodge cummins and Ford PS but he says that by far the 2002 Dmax/alli was the best pulling and toughest and least problem truck he has ever had. But he is sure getting impatient with this 2003 model. I wish I knew what the codes were that it threw, I will try to find out. He would sure appreciate any input from the tech's out there. Thanks.

Kennedy
03-06-2004, 16:15
Knowing the codes set would be helpful.

mark45678
03-07-2004, 07:46
Like jk stated we need codes at a guess with the info given he maybe drawing air into the fuel system possible from the primer on the filter houseing? My 02 had this problem after I had a fuel filter plug up from lack of antigell! My truck would be down on power and only run up to 1850 but never would stop running...

cowboywildbill
03-07-2004, 15:41
Thanks for the input so far. I am trying to get in touch with him and see if he knows what the codes are. As soon as I find that out, I will post them. Then maybe we can figure it out. Thanks.