PDA

View Full Version : big predator problem

mflstc
03-07-2004, 05:14
I just tried to install my upgraded Predator( version 1.1 I think) on my 2002 Dmax. I had installed it and uninstalled many times before the upgrade without a problem. Not this time! It seemed to load the horsepower upgrade but part way through the predator said" Ignition not on" and to hit escape to quit. The ignition was on at the point it said this. I now have flashing gauges and the fuel gauge showing empty. If I try to uninsatll or reinstall I get the same message. Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?? I have to call Diablo tomorrow. Thanks!

Kennedy
03-07-2004, 09:02
Do you think your batteries could have been low? I'd also check the ECM fuses. I don't recommend it, but I've successfully loaded mine on my 2002 without pulling any fuses.

I would try to be sure that the batteries are topped off, and see if you can reboot the Predator then restore saved information/return to stock. Also be sure all load drawing items including intake heater are off.

Additionally, always try to make sure to install on a warm engine to avoid glow and intake heater draw. Also be sure that the plug does not get bumped during installation.

mflstc
03-07-2004, 10:10
Batteries are topped off. in the truck I pulled the fuse for the onstar and had nothing running. I have tried to roboot or reinstall the predator and this did not work. I can not far enough now to even try to load anything atg any level. After I tell the predator I have an automatic It ask me "is ignition off" and it is not. As I said I have installed it the exact same way before the update with no problem. I feel I have tried everything you have mentioned. I will try again.

Kennedy
03-07-2004, 16:42
I've tried several times to load the Superchips tuner on mine. The Predator goes fine, but the SC balks every time.

Guess I'll try a new tuner. Sounds like you need the same.

BassinRVer
03-08-2004, 04:52
This has happened to me and it was because I did not have the key turned all the way on.

More Power
03-08-2004, 17:57
One element of the ignition switch provides power to the instrument cluster and a couple other circuits when the ignition key is in the "off" position. As Bassin mentioned, make sure the ign switch is actually in the "run" position.

MP

mflstc
03-09-2004, 18:56
I have tried to install it about 4 times and same thing happens. I know the key has been on, but I will try again just to make sure.

mdadgar
03-12-2004, 17:37
mflstc,

What was Diablosport's fix for this?

- Mark

[ 03-16-2004, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: StrangeEngine ]

NFLDMAX
03-15-2004, 07:16
Where's James...he should be able to look into this :confused:

mflstc
03-16-2004, 15:06
Well I took truck to the Chevy garage. I have a buddy that works there. He hooked it up to the OBDII and it gave the same error as the predator did. They sent me a new Predator and it did the same thing. Here is the response I got from Tech support at Diablo. This is after I told Diablo about my trip to the Chevy dealer and told Diablo what the Chevy dealer said about the error code. After you read it you can see why I wasn't happy with Diablo!!

"Johan wrote:

Is the truck still under warranty? Unfortunately I would have to suggest to bring it to dealer and play dumb and say I don

mflstc
03-16-2004, 15:11
Oh sorry I forgot mention the dealer said the truck needs a new computer. It is SHOT!!!!!

NFLDMAX
03-17-2004, 06:40
I hope the predator didn't cause this :(

mflstc
03-17-2004, 07:33
It worked before I tried to install the predator so I have to assume that is what caused it!!! I had the truck to the dealer to have some code checks done before this and they had no problem with accessing the computer that I know of. SOOOO!!! I would have to say the predator is the problem. Believe me I am not a happy camper. Once I get the truck straightened out and find out exactly what the problem is, Diablosports and I are going to have a chat!!!

gassedracing
03-17-2004, 18:58
I called Diablosport today to find out where my Predator was. I sent it in for an update to v1.11 (before I read this post...).

Anyway, everyone there denies ever seeing a problem like this. They all swear that there must be something else wrong. Either way, I'm so scared to even attempt to install even a tune just for tire size.

WanaDmxsub
03-17-2004, 19:27
I've had 1.11 for about 2 weeks now and it is working fine on my (California) truck.

mflstc
03-17-2004, 20:20
gassedracing

Please let me know how you make out installing the predator. I guess Diablo would deny it. They do not want to lose sales. I am taking my truck to the Chevy garage next week to get the new ECM computer installed. I will post what I find out. STAY TUNED!!

mflstc
04-01-2004, 04:53
Ok Here is the follow up that I promised. My Durmax 's PCM had to replaced. The Gm garage said it was screwed. This happened while I was trying to install the upgraded Predator. I am going to conact Diablo sports today or tomorrow. I want a refund for my less them 1 year old predator. I am now very leary of trying to install the Predator again. My truck was down 2 weeeks waiting for the PCM!!!

NFLDMAX
04-07-2004, 11:58
Thanks for the update....

DieselDavy
04-16-2004, 10:08
mflstc,

Its been a week or so since your last update. What did Dioblo say? Are they going to give you a refund? Did the new computer cost you anything?
Thanks for the update!
Dave