PDA

View Full Version : Predator v1.07 update

gassedracing
09-20-2003, 13:55
Received v1.07 Predator yesterday from RunninWithTheDevil. This is my first programmer for my 2004 D/A. Previously, I had a Hypertech on my '98 Z-71. The Predator is much more feature rich, but I have an issue. I have searched around and found out that the Predator seems famous for throwing the overboost codes, specifically 234 and 236. As luck would have it, I am throwing both of those codes on all programs all the time. I am not driving it hard or anything abusive at this time, but yet it throws the codes. I thought I read on James' site that v1.07 was supposed to have corrected the overboost problem? I guess not. Any advice I can get on how to recitfy the issue would be appreciated. I love the power and it doesn't seem to cause the truck to go into a limp mode or anything, it is just that darn SES light that bugs the crap outta me. Then, there's the wife in the passenger seat yacking about a new truck with 2500 miles on it and I have to go and screw with it yadda yadda yadda...

Any help is appreciated! (Okay, I know...shoulda bought a Juice...) I wanted the Predator specifically for adjusting for tires and for reading/clearing codes. Juice will come once I can sneak the expense past wifey. Donations are accepted smile.gif
Greg

Phil B.
09-20-2003, 14:15
I have the exact same problem!!!

Now, I just leave her home and don't tell her about the mods :D

Problem solved!

Phil B.

RWTD
09-20-2003, 15:07
Greg, I sent you a few replies to your emails earlier today, bud. When you are able, please respond back at your earliest convenience.

This problem may be directly related to the 65 hp tune, and/or '03 and '04 models only. Any '01 and '02 owners with v1.07 that are having any of the issues stated, please let me know ASAP, so we can have this issue rectified in a timely manner.

Also, I ask that anyone experiencing this with v1.07, to please email me at sales@runninwiththedevil.com (you may also post here if this is more convenient), and tell me what year your vehicle is, which tune level this happened in, and what actions were being performed at the time of the code set. Also, is the code set causing your truck to go into a limp mode, or are you just having the SES light come on when it happens?

So you will know, I have been in contact with the Operations Coordinator today several times concerning this, and he is currently looking into the issue. I should have more information to post soon.

Very Sincerely...

gassedracing
09-20-2003, 20:10
James, send me the instructions on how to get the download from the pcm (where to buy the serial cable and power supply) as well as instructions on how to dump the info. I will get this back to you asap.

FYI, it is happening on ALL tunes. Truck seems to run fine, REALLY fine if ya know what I mean.

Greg

RWTD
09-21-2003, 09:37
Originally posted by gassedracing:
FYI, it is happening on ALL tunes. Truck seems to run fine, REALLY fine if ya know what I mean.Greg,

Thanks for replying back, bud. I feel that it may be only an '03/'04 related issue (their calibrations are basically the exact same). The issue is just that the pcm thinks the vehicle has exceeded a threshold, so therefore it is triggering the light to let you know that something may be up. I'll get with the Operations Coordinator tomorrow, and see what we can do to get this taken care of in a timely manner.

Thanks for your help, and I appreciate your patience.

P.s. I sent you the email on the cables and the software to download from my site. Look for it!

Sincerely,

James

schnier
09-22-2003, 07:06
James, PM'd you.

mfontana
09-22-2003, 18:46
James: I currently have ver. 1.04 Should I upgrade to 1.07? If so, How?
Thanks

RWTD
09-23-2003, 11:53
Richard, I sent you back an email, bud.

mfontana, if you would not mind, please see this post here:

Attention Predator Owners: Revision Upgrade Instructions! (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=006724)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know!

Very Sincerely...

gassedracing
09-24-2003, 10:33
James,
Sent you the file you asked for. I thought I should let you all know that I am unable to do any of the adjustments for tire size, axle ratio, etc...all I get is a Table Error when trying to get into that menu function. Clearly, this is not ready for my truck. Hopefully we can get this resolved soon.

Thanks,
Greg