PDA

View Full Version : Lift pump

Bulldogger
09-21-2003, 06:55
Bill was nice enough to send me a list of all necessary parts to complete the system. My question is where did most of you buy your stuff from. I'm having trouble on line even finding the delco lift pump EP-158. Is there one place that would carry almost everything? Thanks Dave

SS396
09-22-2003, 11:15
Dave, JK should have the pump and may have the fittings for the bypass. Looks ike JK runs the pump without a bypass. A number of members have great designs out there.

I recently installed a Stanadyne FM100 lift pump/30 mic filter combo. I had hoses made up and used compression fitings on the main fuel line. GMSmitty has pictures of the same setup I am using, I copied his great design. The reason I went with Stanadyne was so I didn't have to engineer a bracket assembly, just used a piece of angle iron.

1. Relay, manual priming switch and Oil pressure switch from NAPA.
2. Parker hoses, needle valve and fittings came from a local hose and fittings supplier. I found the fittings at Lowes very limited, I would recommend going to the experts.
3. Pump from Reliable Industries.

I just added the lift pump a week ago and works great, no air what-so-ever in the Mega.

chuntag95
09-22-2003, 15:40
Bull Dogger, MSC Industrial (http://www.mscdirect.com/) is where Bill and I both got most of the parts from. The pump came from JK.

Dave Lewis
09-22-2003, 16:39
I have a question concerning the different pumps everybody is using. The Stanadyne pump says it is good for up to something like 350 HP. How does the pump which JK has compare in flow rates. Just curious if one has an advantage over the other besides the filter.