PDA

View Full Version : Elect. prob W/ torque converter

aj neireiter
03-25-2004, 17:15
It seems that I have a torque conv. that only wants to work part of the time. The Mechanic thinks that it might be an Electrical prob. Any body out there have any suggestions? :confused: :confused:

1998 3500 6.5td Dually 2wd

TurboDiverArt
03-25-2004, 17:58
Originally posted by aj neireiter:
It seems that I have a torque conv. that only wants to work part of the time. The Mechanic thinks that it might be an Electrical prob. Any body out there have any suggestions? :confused: :confused:

1998 3500 6.5td Dually 2wd Define only works part time? You mean lockup only part time or will not couple well until a certain temperature/mileage or slips?

Art.

aj neireiter
03-25-2004, 18:31
I'm not sure. Still new w/6.5td, not the most inclined. I can tell you that the service engine light comes on a lot followed by some black smoke and a loss of power. Happens more often when under heavy throttle. Hope that helps

TurboDiverArt
03-25-2004, 19:31
For starters I would get the codes in the computer read. If you are getting a service light accompanied by black smoke and the truck running poorly then something is going on. The odds are that the codes stored in the computer will give an indication as to what is happening. I believe Autozone will scan codes for free.

What you are referring to with the service light, black smoke and poor running would not indicate a converter problem to me?

Hope that helps,
Art.

aj neireiter
03-25-2004, 20:03
Thanks for the help, I'll run by auto zone and have them read for codes, and get back with you with the info within a few days.