PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Dumb Question

DCarr
03-09-2004, 20:47
I have a 04 K2500 excab SB LS D/A 4x4 on order and was wondering if these trucks have a fuel fill access that can use the higher capacity nozzles that are in the Semi lanes at the Fuel stations. Many Truck stops have diesel available at the Auto Pumps but some dont. I am familar with Diesels but on Farm equipment not on over the Road vehicles.

Thanks for any help

DMAX4LIFE
03-09-2004, 21:49
Welcome aboard. I have been lurking here for quite some time now although I don't post much. Just a heads up..There is a search button on the top right of this page that will help you find many topics and you might try it first sometimes before asking, but like they always say there is no such thing as a dumb question!

To answer your question, no these diesel trucks are not capable of using the big rig fill up nozzles. There is however another fuel filler tube available aftermarket that allows for the use of them. Like I said do a search and you will find many topics on this subject.

[ 03-10-2004, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: DMAX4LIFE ]

jbplock
03-10-2004, 03:24
Dcarr,

Dmax4life is correct

Grouseboy
03-10-2004, 06:14
DCarr,

I'm also a newbie so don't be shy. jbplock is correct about the '04s. I have a '04 GMC Sierra 2500HD and I tried filling up with the "big rig" nozzle yesterday. No problem, your wallet just gets lighter faster.

DCarr
03-10-2004, 07:29
Thanks guys, I thought I had heard about a problem in filling with them. Glad the New ones have bigger holes. I will search first in the future. Thanks for the welcome and advice.

DEC