PDA

View Full Version : Grinding or chattering truck

thechevyhdman
08-29-2002, 13:23
Im on my way home from NY today on the highway. Temp outside was 55, tranny operating temp 150ish. Engine right where its always at temp wise.Truck next to me needs to come over so I lightly get on the gas, and accelerate from 55 to 60. All of the sudden no power at all, And either a grinding from the tranny or my pilot injection shut off, get back on the gas nothing at all, then like the tranny was slipping and caught it was fine. Radio was on so I couldnt really hear exactly what it was and happened fast too. So I was thinking maybe it was limp mode, first time ever it might of happend, I wasnt flooring it or anything else, As I got on the pedal RPMs didnt go up at all. So if I maybe sucked some bad fuel in would that cause a bad chattering, I looked under the hood and the foil that blocks the inner fender was sucked into my air box almost all the way. Surprising it came off seeing I skinned my knuckles trying to rip the thing off last December. So if starved for air bad suddenly would that cause a chatter, Maybe it was a really lean fuel mix for that one second. Fuel filter was changed in April, trucks juiced v3.0, 20,230 miles. Just filled up the night before, Cold and raw today with rain, Any ideas, I think it might be a one time clich or the Air filter was blocked, It set no codes and was fine within seconds of it happening, I didnt have to pull off the highway or anything. Howvever it might just be my imagination but the tranny isnt shifting as firm as it did, Its more like smooth Cadillac shift, And I noticed big time defueling when DOWN shifting. Tranny fluid was checked last week, looked fine, but smelled sweet, like antifreeze. Any ideas, should I worry? Maybe its Juice related seeming the box might have been mad that I was driving like a pussya?

GMC-2002-Dmax
08-29-2002, 17:51

You better teach that thang to behave!!!

I think maybe it was the lack of air flow. I am by no means an expert. Hope it's alright.

I know my "JUICE" don't like the rain, or should I say my rear tires don't like the rain. Before the "JUICE" I had a traction problem, now it's almost impossible to drive.

I just shut it down in the rain, easier for me.

Hey are you gonna be at the weekend??

L8TER

GMC ;)

mackin
08-29-2002, 19:19
Bill,

I told ya get rid of the tin foil......If you want to get rid of the Cadillac shift do the fast learn......Gonna be a way this weekend heading north gonna tear up some F**DS.....Plus a few more Mopar notches in my Juice Box I hope......Theme's the ones I like....... tongue.gif
We'll get to MAGGIE'S next week lets BOTH bring designated drivers tho...... :D :D That way we will close the place in style checking out them college skirts......Let the tonic flow like the JUICE in my truck......TWMA......

MAC :D

Brandy,

Friday night prime time, 8 ish, if you feel the ground shaking, it's me pounding the pavement on 91N in your neck of the woods on my way by,I'll give it FULL throttle..... :D tongue.gif :D

[ 08-29-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>