PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy

Phil Holmen
12-20-2004, 07:31
I am currently looking at upgrading to a duramax. Not new but a decent used unit. Is there are problem areas that I should really look at. I know alot of the general suspesion and that kindof stuff but anything that is specific to the duramax and allison that should be addressed. I am looking at an 01 quad cab or an 02 crew cab... not sure what I want yet... any suggestions would be great...

More Power
12-20-2004, 10:51
Your local GM dealer has access to the warranty repair history for any late model GM truck you might be interested in by accessing the GM Vehicle Inquiry System. Your dealer only needs to do a lookup on the truck's VIN, to verify whether or not it may have been a problem for its previous owner. The only time you have any real leverage with the dealership is before you sign the papers, so I recommend making this a condition of sale.

The 2001 or newer Duramax equipped trucks have a 5-year or 100,000 mile engine warranty, while the remainder of the powertrain is only covered for the first 3-years or 36,000 miles. However, GM recently extended the LB7 Duramax fuel injector warranty to 7-years or 200,000 miles.

Good Luck!

MP

Tough Guy
12-21-2004, 19:18
Hard to get hurt there...

Just look into it like anything else, not beat up etc. I would definetely pull the GM repair history, maintenance schedules and car fax or anything else you can get your hands on...

Cheers,

The "Boy" TG ;)

Carli_max
12-22-2004, 18:24
I have an 02 GMC CC 4wd DMAX for sale. I just bought an 05!! It has leather and is loaded with many after market accessories! It's an awesome truck!! Email me if your interested in learning more about it.
carmen.b.filletti@lmco.com or Lfilletti@adelphia.net Thanks Carmen

Phil Holmen
12-22-2004, 20:17
I would be interested but not sure of the difficiluties that I may encounter in importing a truck into canada. I think that it would just be easier to buy here. Thanks for the thought though.... I had enough trouble getting back into canada with my new 5th wheel trailer 2 years ago, just because it said made in the USA. I was at the border crossing for 3 hrs. I even had the bill of sale, as the trailer was only 3 wks old...