PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION!!! Amsoil Air Filter

LanduytG
09-22-2003, 06:24
Those who are running the new Amsoil Flowzair air filter (has blue gasket around the outside of the filter) please check them ASAP to see if the blue gasket is separating from the filter. Does not matter what you have it in ie; Duramax, 6.5 car etc.
We have seen about 5 or 6 that this has happened to and we want them back so we can replace them. Apparently the factory did not let the adhesive dry completely before they oiled them and that is what

ratlover
09-22-2003, 07:58
I had one of the mentioned filters and sent it to them already. They seem pretty willing to try to make things right. I dont doubt that they have fixed the problem but I just didnt have a warm and fuzzy feeling about using another one. Thats just me though. I decided to go with a UNI filter instead of a new amsoil filter. I dont mean to bash amsoil but when I opend the box to my UNI from JK I was extreamly happy with my choice. The UNI just looks beter made. Not very sientific but it really does look like a work of art :cool:

20050518|4|000086|000000|68.226.176.104
09-22-2003, 09:36
Yup, I ended up with one of them... I sent an email to JK and he said send it back and he would replace it with a Uni. Now thats an name I respect! Been using Uni in my offroad bikes for at least 15 years!! Never a problem...