PDA

View Full Version : Edge Juice w/Attitude

Austin 12345
12-21-2004, 10:50
Kinda new to adding the Juice box upgrade on a 2005 d/a. Thinking about getting it because everyone here seems real pleased with it. :confused: I was wandering if anyone could tell me how difficult it is to route the leads to the Attitude if mounting in overhead console by map lights? Also where can you buy this mount setup?
Has anyone had any engine/drivetrain problems after using the Juice? Does level 1 and 2 make drastic changes in exhaust temps?
Is it absolutely neccessary to make exhaust changes before installing this system? I ask because I don't know if I would see myself using level 4 or 5. Any Info on this setup would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

lovette
12-21-2004, 13:21
There are lots of folks around here with expert knowlege, and I'm not one of them, but I installed Juice/Attitude on my 03. It was easy. I used the chrome A-pillar mount included with the kit, but other mounting options are available, try kennedy diesel or xtreme diesel. I got mine from Kennedy, great service.

So far no problems, I run up to level 4, but mostly 3. Added a Magnaflow exhaust, sounds better, temps lower by 50 to 100 degrees at high throttle.

More Power
12-21-2004, 13:56
You can visit the Kennedy Diesel (http://www.kennedydiesel.com/dmaxguages.html) web site to see how he recommends an overhead console installation. He shows an SPA digital gauge install, but the methods would be the same.

The max EGT limit can be set using the Attitude, no matter the power level setting, which takes a lot of the worry out of excessive temps.

An exhaust system could lower temps a bit, but you can run the Edge for time to become familiar with it. If you're planning on a lot of heavy towing, I'd factor in an exhaust system before too long.

MP

Kennedy
12-21-2004, 14:42
The flat mount overhead console mounts look REALLY nice, but depending on driver size/stature, they make the Attitude difficult to read as LCD's do not lend themselves well to off angle viewing. The SPA Digital gauges that I have in my 2002 do very well at an off angle, the Attitude display is deeper, and harder to view.

That said, this is the mount that I prefer. The monitor is tilted towards the driver somewhat for a better view. I'll have some in soon:

http://www.socaldiesel.com/newswitch.jpg

pgreen
12-21-2004, 16:06
JK

How soon, and how much? I'm the one that ordered the Juice/Attitude from you today.

Phil

olimaxx
12-21-2004, 20:47
you can get the mount on ,everythingoffroad.com i bought one and it lokks good on my 05'

dmaxalliTech
12-21-2004, 21:20
you might be able to get A mount, but not that mount. That piece just recently became available to us by a very talented person.

I have two of them and they are a very fine piece.

AB_DURAMAX
12-22-2004, 10:00
John

With the new mount as pictured can you still remove the Attitude ??? I will want to be able to remove it if I need to take it into the dealer for any warranty work...thanks in advance.

Phase 3
12-23-2004, 21:20
I was looking for this exact setup and thought that I found what I was looking for...

http://www.everythingoffroad.com/index.htm?catalog339_0.html

Not so fast...the plate that JK prefers is the way to go. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on this yet.

JK...let me know when this pup is in so I can place my order.

Kennedy
12-24-2004, 07:14
Production has been slow on these, AND my indecision is also plaguing me again. There are multiple surface and anodize variants available. A pkg with a few units came in yesterday. I hope to get a chance to examine them today.

There are Attitude AND 2 hole gauge mounts available.

Mad4Motox
12-24-2004, 10:25
Does anyone know if the leads from exhisting A-pillar mount gauges can feed the Attitude overhead monitor for the pyro and boost?

It would be nice not to have to drill another hole in the manifold.

rickdlance
12-24-2004, 14:03
I've got some used boxes for sale. E-mail at rftj@netzero.net if interested. also have a very simple mount for where the paasenger side air bag shutoff is.

Trippin
12-31-2004, 20:10
John, you should have plenty of mounts real soon. :D

sdaver
01-01-2005, 06:27
oh really :D .............something from california?

sdaver
01-01-2005, 06:29
oh really :D .............something from california?

Kennedy
01-01-2005, 06:54
You can say that again.

You can say that again. :D