PDA

View Full Version : STALL!!!

RustyRoss
09-22-2003, 11:38
I've been running Juice 4.61 for about 9 months with no problems. Recently engine will suddenly shutdown, usually pulling away from stop sign. I have changed fuel filter regularly. This AM I had to restart 3 times. Any ideas???

More Power
09-22-2003, 14:03
#1 - Pull the Juice to see if the problem goes away. Early versions of the Edge Juice did cause occasional stalling. Later versions seem to be OK.

#2 - Check for air accumulation in the fuel filter. The tiniest of airleaks in the fuel line system from the Bosch pump to the fuel tank could allow air to accumulate, and cause stalling.

There are other possibilities, but I'd recommend eliminating the above first.

MP

DURATEX
09-22-2003, 16:48
I have had the same problem leaving stop signs. Three times on the regular Juice in three weeks and I returned it for a Hot Juice. Yesterday after 5 weeks on the new one it shut down taking off from a red light. It started instantly yesterday but before it would take a few tries to get it going. I have a Racor 460 on it also but no stalls with 8000 miles on it until the Juice.

JEBar
09-23-2003, 03:18
Had the same problem with a 4.61 ... sent it back to be reprogrammed and had no further problems ... current Hot Juice has also worked flawlessly ... Jim

blue_lightning
09-23-2003, 04:19
I'm curious, what is the most current version of the firmware for the Juice? I thought 4.61 was the most current version. Dave

RustyRoss
09-23-2003, 06:23
Is it possible that as the fuel filter begins to load up (before it may really need to be changed)that the vacuum created by the bosch pump increases the likelihood of air accumulation - post element? Or is this occuring pre-element in the filter housing? How do you prove air trapping in the OEM filter?