PDA

View Full Version : Truck held for ransom

Boonbltz
09-24-2003, 09:41
Went to pick up my truck at dealership, because they wanted to charge me about 450.00 for Fuel rail presure sensor to fix fuel in crankcase problem. I informed service writer, I just wanted to take it to different dealership, for second opinion service writer informed me that there would be a 153.00 charge for diagnosing the problem before I could have my vehicle back. WOW after aurguing for an hour or so and him admitting they didn't do anything but read a flow chart. I paid the ransom and left very very angry. Don't go to Winter Chevrolet Pittsburg, CA

Spoolin'It
09-24-2003, 11:29
Call the GM customer service 800 number listed in the back of your owners manual and inform them of what the dealer did. Especially since this should be covered under the 100,000 mile motor warranty.

RichBailey
09-24-2003, 16:51
It is upsetting to be treated so poorly by a dealer. That particular dealer is not highly regarded.

The best dealer I have found in this area is GMC Truckcenter in Oakland. They are top notch.

BTW, I just went by Los Lunas on my way to Alb/Santa Fe. Pretty area. You folks sure have great roads in comparision to ours here in Kommiefornia.

dmaxalliTech
09-24-2003, 19:46
Boon, your truck under warr? If so, you are entitled to 100% of your money back, minus the $100.00 deductable. The regulator is a covered item and should only cost you the duductable, I would give GM 1-800.....cares a call and file a claim.
Eric

DieselDixon
09-24-2003, 20:55
The best dealer I have found in this area is GMC Truckcenter in Oakland Well that is good to know, I have been taking mine over the Colma GMC, very good dealer as well, but Oakland is much closer to me. What ever you do don't go to San Leandro GMC, they didn't fix my truck, stole money out of the coin holder and dented the rear bumper and would not fess up to it.

Boonbltz
09-25-2003, 10:51
Thanks for the Advise, I am still in a state of shock afraid to take my truck to another service center for fear of another forced donation or that I might go postal(just a phrase no offence intended to our Postal service) . So there it sits in the garage pulling the hell out of the dust in the air. I will contact Chevrolet today.