PDA

View Full Version : Hey all... new guy, new truck

OmniGLH
03-24-2004, 13:23
Just thought I'd drop a quick post to say "hi" and introduce myself smile.gif

My name is Jim, I'm in the far NW suburbs of Chicago. I work for MyPoints.com as a project manager by day... and campaign a 2003 Yamaha R6 along with 2 other guys in the FormulaUSA motorcycle roadracing series on the weekends. :D

I am set to pick up my new truck tonight... '04 2500HD Crewcab with the Duramax and Allison - I can hardly wait. Bought the truck to be able to pull our newly-acquired trailer, a Pace American 8.5x24. My old '02 Silverado 1500 Z71 with the 5.3 gas struggled a bit when we loaded it down. This will be the first diesel that I have personally owned.

It's been kind of a chore to finally decide on one... I used to work for Navistar, where I was one of the software developers for the engine controller on the Powerstroke - so initially, the PSD was my plan (I still have some connections on the 'inside' so I'd have access to some cool stuff.) But after driving my 1500 Siverado for a few years, and then comparing the 2500HD Siverado to an F-250 PSD... it was no contest. It's taken me awhile to actually LOCATE a truck (seems most dealers aren't interested in dealer trades around here) but I've been assured that it WILL be here tonight smile.gif

So now that that's all over... time to decide whether or not I'll need to go with the Edge Attitude or the Banks 6-gun...

Anywho... cheers all!

mark45678
03-24-2004, 14:44
Hi Jim! welcome to the club! pull up a chair and make your self at home!!!! Good luck with THE R6 , a good friend of mine is a wrench on a lot of club racers bikes so from time to time we go to the races ! It a good time .. just a few points to hit on with your NEW truck change the rear end fluid, T case if you have 4x4 around 1500 miles. Do the allison spin on filter around 5 k dont forget theres a magnet you need to put on the new one from the old one! You will notice your power is a little off when its cold but good hot ! the power / fuel economy will get slightly better after you get some miles one it! My moto is give it 500 miles of easy use then drive it hard (in my case normal) it will pull better after its first pull! I get almost 13 mpg with my crew 4x4 with my 8.5x20' toy box at 75 mph! 17 mpg no trailer... good luck if your going to Daytona! :D

Cornell
03-24-2004, 17:05
I got mine on Tuesday night, You will love it, :D especially the POWER :eek: , The more I drive it the better it runs. Good luck with it and enjoy. smile.gif Reguards Art DiBenedetto