PDA

View Full Version : from coolant problem to injector problem

deadlyman
09-24-2003, 17:17
well here is a update
it started with low a coolant light and four weeks eight injector cups two head gaskets later coolant problem fixed? do not know for sure only had the truck back a week then noticed diesel smell since I got it back then noticed oil and diesel all over my truck and trailer took the truck back to the dealer was told after three day's of having m truck the found four bad injectors and now today the found two more bad one's if they got the parts in today I could have it back tomarrow I hope.

dmaxalliTech
09-24-2003, 18:24
Hey Bobby, not to burst your bubble, but the injector situation is lookin bad for the future few months.. VERY hard to get them right now...I hope they get you fixed up.

jbplock
09-25-2003, 03:01
Originally posted by dmaxalliTech:
VERY hard to get them (injectors) right now...Eric,
Any speculation on the reason for the back ordered injectors?
Are they just scarce because of high demand and/or are they being redesigned? Also do you know if the injectors going into the redesigned 04 heads are the same as the 01-03's?

mackin
09-25-2003, 04:45
I guess you have no choice but how can you believe anything that paticular dealer is telling you ?? Oil Fuel delution by injectors is hard to believe considering they had your engine tore down and prolly left something lose ... Me thinks their covering their sit down spot ...
Good luck ...
Mac ;)

dmaxalliTech
09-25-2003, 06:55
Thats the exact same thing I told him Mac on the tele.... Cover thine a$$!

deadlyman
09-25-2003, 15:31
Well I think your right just a cover up but I'm getting 6 new injectors either way but still no truck today they did call and said it would be done by six and they called at four but the service manager wanted to take it home to make sure it worked right so I asume they got the injectors.

deadlyman
09-25-2003, 15:34
Hey I think the dealership buts are contagious but but but tongue.gif

deadlyman
09-26-2003, 15:00
well they did get all of the injectors and put six in test drove it took it back to check for leak and found one again left side got the other two injectors there ready to go in couold be fixed tomarrow not holding my breath.