PDA

View Full Version : filter storage

gene smith
09-26-2003, 15:30
I recieved my MEGA and as advertized he sent a spare filter, also I have 6 OEM fuel filters coming, my question is how do I keep them from rusting while in storage
Geno
(comment) the mega in my opinion is top quality and hi tech, JK had it together on this one, only problem is that it will only take 1 six pack to install--aw shucks tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

[ 09-26-2003, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: gene smith ]

ibelyea
09-26-2003, 15:51
If your wife or friend has one of those "Food Savers", you can put them in the airtight bag and pull a vacuum.It should remove all air, moisture and contaminant aerosols that are easily removed by a fairly substantial vacuum.
I just have to go behind my wife's back as she has fits if I use it for car parts.

a bear
09-26-2003, 17:21
The vacumm sealer also works good for Rifle cartriges, shotgun shells and matches. Keeps them nice and and dry either in the stand, blind or in storage. Sorry to get off subject. Couldn't resist. :D

gene smith
09-26-2003, 17:33
Hey Bear how about mud bugs :D :D :D

a bear
09-26-2003, 17:49
Mud Bugs (Crawfish) too :D

txguppy
09-26-2003, 18:22
Hey Geno I spray my filters with a short blast of engine fogging oil and seal in Ziplocks. You can pull a slight vacuum by clinching the Ziplock closed except for an inch then hold in in your mouth and sorry guys :eek: suck the air out and zip closed real fast. Or immerse it in a bucket of water just above the filter but below the Zipper, and YES I am still talking about the filter. :D

txguppy
P.S. I spray my oil filters with Amsoil Metal Protectant to keep them from rusting too.