PDA

View Full Version : Tmie to recieve ordered truck????

dmaxmule
03-26-2004, 20:02
I ordered a new truck on Jan. 30, 2004. I went to the dealer on Mon. march 22, 2004, there was not good news waiting for me. :mad: The man in charge of ordering pulled my order up on the computer, and there was no change in status. It is set as priority one. :rolleyes: I have an order number, but that is all that I have.

Today made two months since I ordered it, And I am getting mad!! :mad: I should have heard something by now!! Can anyone help me, or am I just being to impatient

PLEASE HELP ME

Thanks dmaxmule

p32pac
03-27-2004, 04:40
Dmaxmule, I ordered my truck on Jan. 20, it was assembled on Feb. 19 and I took delivery March 8. My dealer did tell me that the wait time is a little longer now. But if you ordered yours on Jan 30 you should see yours any day now. Be patiant, its worth the wait!!

DmaxMaverick
03-27-2004, 06:08
dmaxmule

Sounds like your dealer doesn't have an allocation. They probably spent them up on flooring stock. You'll have to wait until GM releases allocations to them, or go to a dealer that has remaining allocations. If your dealer has a few HD/3500 trucks on their lot, then it might be a while. GM bases the allocations on a dealer's ability to move models in previous years, and current stock. If your dealer is a slow mover and has trucks on the lot, you likely won't get one any time soon. They know where they stand on allocations, and should have told you that when you placed your order, and when you checked up on it.

Ask your dealer if he has an allocation for the truck you ordered, not just a general allocation. A general allocation has no availability date and may never come. You might be surprised by the answer. Being in the middle of the model year, you can bet that they know where they stand.

Good luck.

Roy-C
03-27-2004, 07:19
I ordered a 3500SRW on Feb 5 and picked it up day before yesterday. Saleswoman gave me the TPW before I left the office when oredering. It was delivered one week earlier than promised. Sounds like DmaxMaverick has it right. Good Luck.

dmaxmule
03-27-2004, 19:27
DmaxMaverick :confused:

They told me about the allocatoins and that I would have to wait for them to get one. It was about one week after I decided on a truck that they said they recieved an allocation for the type truck I wanted. He asked me to come to the dealership to watch him punch in the order, so it would be exactly like I wanted. A couple of weeks later I stopped in and got an order number. About four weeks after the order was placed he checked and reentered the priority code to make sure it was priority one. I have seen all this done right before my eyes. I do not feel my leg being pulled, nor do I think that he would lie to me. I guess I will just have to get a little mean ;) and threaten to cancel. Maybe he will throw in some extra accessories to keep me there and happy. :D

As for the dmaxes on the lot, he does not keep to awful many on hand, nor does he keep one very long. They seem to move them pretty fast. tongue.gif

The GM rep was suposed to be in this week. He was going to ask him what the deal was. He said, "I can't have my customer mad before he even gets his truck. I will check with him again this week to see what the deal is. :(

Is there any more suggestions as for what I can do???????? :rolleyes:

MadDan
03-27-2004, 20:13
Don't want to make you feel bad but I received my truck three weeks after the order was entered. My dealer was alloted 5 dmax's a month, I was able to get the third. He did tell me that sometimes they have restrictions like only one color that week or shortbeds only or extended cabs only. A fried of mine had a Ford (yes, he's not too smart) on order for 6 months and finally learded that it was the rear seat DVD entertainment center holding up the production. Once he cancelled that he had the truck in two weeks.

kbrowns
03-28-2004, 09:10
dmaxmule,

Sorry that you're having difficulties in getting your truck. I ordered mine Feb. 16th. It was built on 3/12. I was feeling pretty good, then it got shipped and transferred to Union Pacific and made it's way to Nebraska where it sat in the yard for 5 days!!! Man don't they know I'm anxious to get that truck :mad: Now it's made it's way to just outside Portland,OR. Now it sits and will take them 3 days to get it to the dealer. GM held up there end but the shipping sucks. My dealer sell light and medium duty trucks, so he said he had two allocations he could use for my truck, if he could just get it. Hope he gets it before some of my incentives go off(March 31st). Keeping my fingers crossed :confused:

hitman
03-28-2004, 13:31
Ordered my truck on 2/24/04 and picked it up yesterday.

danhercules
03-29-2004, 08:21
Ordered mine on 3-3. Hope it will be here soon.

DMAX4LIFE
03-29-2004, 08:54
If the unit has been shipped then the dealer has the VIN and they can do the paperwork for you to assure that you get the incentives.

carco
03-30-2004, 18:50
Ordered mine 1-7-04 built week of 2-23-04 and finally delivered today 3-30-04, sure is nice to drive!!!! bob...

dmaxmule
03-30-2004, 19:22
I went to the dealer today. There was no good news. Gm has still not picked (acknowledged/built)my truck. :mad: The dealer was being really apologetic (spelling?? :rolleyes: ) in not having any new info. I told them I might just have to go to Ford or Dodge ;) to see if they could get me a truck. Now I honestly would not do this; however, I can play games while I wait, and maybe I will get somthing for my time. :D

They did tell me that if it took to long my truck would be a 2005 instead of a 2004 since the '05's start in about seven weeks. smile.gif dmaxmule

danhercules
04-01-2004, 07:25
I orded mine 3/3. Talked to the dealer this morn, no built date yet. :mad: Looks like I am still another month out.

danhercules
04-01-2004, 15:51
Just got a call, Got my build date. 4-5. I guess thats better than nothin. ;)

dmaxmule
04-01-2004, 16:48
danhercules

I bet you probally ordered a dmax/alli combo. Am I right? I dare say that that is what most people are ordering. Because of this, I doubt they are going to build my truck until they get enough orders for it to be economical. I just wish that I could speed hem up a bit. I was hoping it would be here for 4-wheelin this year( to pull the trailer).

Has anybody ordered a dmax-6speed and got it recently? I am getting awful anxious.

mps007
04-01-2004, 18:40
Ordered Mine on - 2/21 -
TPW 3/22
On the train 3/24 -----
here in NY ?? maybe next week --

PS - anyone privately sell an 01 lately ? I put mine in the Local paper for what KBB says a Private party should sell at - No calls - If you sold recently what did you get ? Dealer offered 23k on a trade , I figured I could do better private .... Any way she'll get traded next week..

danhercules
04-05-2004, 08:46
Originally posted by dmaxmule:
danhercules

I bet you probally ordered a dmax/alli combo. Am I right? I dare say that that is what most people are ordering. Because of this, I doubt they are going to build my truck until they get enough orders for it to be economical.

Yup. Nail on the head!!
Its gonna start today I hope.

kbrowns
04-05-2004, 12:18
Got mine Fri. 4/2. It was here 3/31. Dealer was even nice enough to lock in incentives on 31st. Then incentives went up and he redid all paper work and I got the new incentives plus dealer descretionary rebate of $500. So I'm pretty happy. :D Ordered 2/16, built 3/12, at dealer 3/31. The shipping was agonizingly long. Big Thanks to that little birdie that help me Track my truck home!!!!! smile.gif . I've been saving since 1999, when I first heard rumors of the "new" GM diesel and found this page. The wait was worth it, it is an amazing pickup. I'm coming from a Toyota(extremely reliable @ 220,000), so the room and ride and features are awesome. Hope the reliablility is the same. Thanx to everyone on the page with all the information.

danhercules
04-07-2004, 10:58
Originally posted by kbrowns:
The shipping was agonizingly long. Big Thanks to that little birdie that help me Track my truck home!!!!! smile.gif . Where do you find this bird. I wanna track mine too. My build date was 4-5. So, should ship soon I guess.

kbrowns
04-08-2004, 05:55
danhercules,

get in contact with a member here "Pontiac_m18". He can help you. It's nice to have the "little birdie" help look out for your truck. Congrats on your new baby.

mps007
04-16-2004, 14:16
Mine Showed up at the dealer at 4pm today !
I'll have to wait till Monday though

Mike

pontiac_m18
04-30-2004, 20:14
Danhercules, I was looking here & saw my name! "Little Birdie" LOL!LOL! My name is Howard & if you send me a e-mail with the S.O.N. & T.P.W. OR the last 8#s of the vin#, we can probaly track your "BABY" home! Howard = howard_m18@yahoo.com :D

danhercules
05-02-2004, 18:59
I pick up mine Friday night. WOW! HOLY MOLY! GOSH DARN! THIS THING IS KILLER!!!!!!

Danhercules <----- Dmax man for life!! :D

Stephen1
05-13-2004, 09:41
I ordered my truck in early January (LLY 3500) and picked it up in late March. Dealer said 12-15 weeks so they were right on. Chicago area - average size dealer.
Duramax trucks seem to take a lot longer. They said a gas truck would only be 4-6 weeks.

Steve

dmaxmule
05-13-2004, 17:56
I am still waiting!!!! :mad: I wish i could get a hold of who ever is keeping my truck from being built. I have got a real ear full to give him. I would sure like to be able to drive around in a new GMC duramax diesel. You would be able to see the glare of my smile :D :cool: in CA. Tomorrow will be 15 weeks since I ordered the truck on 1-30-04. It is driving me nuts.

mps007
05-15-2004, 04:23
Ordered 2/21 - Delivered to Dealer on April 9 - Took delivery on the 12th -
2 days shy of my 01's delivery date...

Had to 'hot tag' it for delivery since it was sitting in the distibution yard for almost 2 weeks !

Mike