PDA

View Full Version : Oem Filter Change out Good news so far

smartfix
09-28-2003, 06:28
Hello all

1st Oem Filter very easy to change on 03 from the top with out taking battery out.. Just remove the blue top hose and push pipe to side and there is room to get to everything took 20 mins

Next::::::::::::::::

You guys had me on me standing on my head about this oem filter.. We just change it out at 5,000 miles on personal rig.. and my friend cut this open with this tool in a few min's Good news .. All together and NO RUST and no water in the Fuel.. He had some kind of test strips to test for water.. When i pulled it out we dump the fuel into a clean cup .. There was dirt on the fuel filter not real bad..It looks like this filter is doing its job..Still going to put 2nd filters on our fleet when GM comes out with there OEM kit

Next :: Where is the heater on this filter.. When i pulled out filter i had 2 wires ony for the water Sensor

From steve
Fleet

Kennedy
09-28-2003, 08:36
The heater is in the head. Follow the wire.

It appears as though in many cases, the rust is already in the element can prior to installation. Having free water will accelerate the growth. Tying up this water AND having a stabilizer/anti-corrosion additive will minimize the spread.

The design of the OE cannister is VERY poor for water evacutaion. In order to drain, you need to eliminate any pockets for the water to pool in :rolleyes: ...