PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filter fracas

Dinkie Diesel
03-29-2004, 17:15
Looking for somebody who has money to burn or good contacts to do some testing on a fuel filter I'm chasing. I said in a different post I bought a new Freightliner truck and ordered a Davco fuel filter, not knowing what I was ordering, because it was an upgrade. I have more information now and would like to share it. I received a phone call today from a tech at Davco in regards to my email question about a 2 micron filter to fit the Davco Model 382 filter assy. He gave me a part number from Fleetguard (Davco and Fleetguard have joined forces) FS19536 that will be a 2-micron replacement cartridge. If this system passes the test that Racor, Stanadyne, Cat and Mega-Filter did with similar results, I just might belly up for one of these. I'd more than likely remove the O.E.M. filter and replace it with one of these. I think it would be nice to be able to open the hood, look at the inverted filter bowl and tell if it needs replacing.

The tech also mentioned that they are working on an application for light duty trucks, knowing there is a market that they haven't tapped yet.