PDA

View Full Version : MEGA installed.

YZF1R
09-28-2003, 15:48
Mega works great! Beautiful kit. Followed JK's instructions and all went well. JK wasn't kidding about heat on the hoses to install. Started up first time right away, I ran around and primed while it was running (If that is doing anything, the pump is probably moving more fuel faster than I can with the primer.) It surged a little then cleared up, never died. I idled her up a bit, then shut her down and bled, (got a little) re-started and went for a drive. Half way through drive I shut down and bled, then went home and bled. I got a little air each time but I'm not going to worry about it. I never removed a fuel filter on any of my trucks that was full of fuel. Out gassing while under vacuum. Normal. Air good? No, but for now I'm just going to let it be. I do not plan on bleeding it again. I will probably bleed it next weekend just to see what's in there but then that's it. I can sleep well now, knowing that my engine is getting clean fuel, and I'm not sand blasting my fuel system. Thanks JK. smile.gif

Thank you to everyone else here also for the awareness the fuel topics have brought up. Whatever way you choose to get it, clean fuel is the goal. ;)

Steve