PDA

View Full Version : Off-road Magazine Article

PBR
09-30-2003, 16:25
does anybody read off-road magazine??? in the latest issue they install a banks "power pack" system on an '03 duramax califoria truck. they installed an exhaust brake, guages, big head wastegate, exhaust and the ottomind computer. the article claims "140 hp and 300 ft lbs", are those the real numbers that the banks kit us putting out??? if so, those are pretty big numbers from a fairly conservative company like banks.

RocketsDmax
09-30-2003, 19:40
I have also driven a full banks kitted 02 and it did not impress, It was a customer vehicle, Does any one know if there kit is level adjusted, or maybe he had it turned off? Either way all the stuff under the hood was plugged in and there install was not up to the banks name! Just my .02 . Talk to ya later.

VFRRider
09-30-2003, 19:58
I read the article and got the impression they didn't have their facts straight. Banks own website claims only 70hp, and the kit they installed in the article is the stinger TLC kit, which does not make 140hp, it only makes 70. I chalked it up to the usual garbage most magazines trowel out. When I want to get reliable info, I check one of the Diesel Forums and do my own homework, and when I want to look at pretty pictures of trucks, I flip through the rags on the stand at the 7-11 :cool: .

Mike