PDA

View Full Version : 4wd wheel spin from launch info

fredw
10-01-2003, 06:30
when you guys are putting up your 1/4 mile results is it fastertimes to have a bit of spin or not, currently i am having a bit of 4wd wheel spin and 0 to 60 times or down, to prevent it i am basically starting with much less rpm, and boost pressure, trying to figure out what is the best, thanks fred

fredw
10-01-2003, 06:36
updated the profile for your info

mtomac
10-01-2003, 07:09
rule #1 for a 4wd launch is lowering the front end by turning the torsen bars down all the way.

Without the Elocker engaged I can spray a 50hp shot of Nitrous out of the hole launching with 8# of boost and not spin the tires. Without the Elocker and nitrous I can launch at 10-12psi without wheelspin.

king D
10-01-2003, 07:23
better shocks like bilstiens or ranchos will go towards helping as well.also try lowering air presurre in rear tires and maybe do a burnout to heat up the tires as well.also have you tried the other tranny mode...ie...if you use t/h try regular annd vice versa....jess

Kennedy
10-01-2003, 07:47
And when it hops/army crawls, things are going to break! :eek:

The stock Allison will be trashed in short order if you keep it up... ;)

king D
10-01-2003, 18:13
what the heck is a stock allison

fredw
10-02-2003, 00:46
thanks for the tips guys, i have one higher setting on the downloader to go, but the extra 10hp just puts the tranny into limp, so i must do a number to the trans to go over the 200 extra horse, as for shocks, elocker,tire pressure lower,torsion bars, tow haul, i will look into, now for tranny upgrades, are you running kenedey stage one, stage two, or other, lastly my aux tank is empty and i am down to a quater tank, so with endgate and spare removed it should be about7900lbs. with me, can you tell me what should be the best quater mile times i should acheive, i feel should be close to 14seconds, thanks again tongue.gif