PDA

View Full Version : KENNEDYS EXHAUST OR HEATH DIESEL???

DATSBAD
10-01-2003, 11:04
I do like how nice and quiet my stock exhaust is but i do need to put on a 4" system so my egts are lowered . anyway , can someone tell me which to buy . i really would like a polished tip , and maybe a pic of your exhaust would be nice . i do not want anything LOUD , or DRONING .

also will this void my warranty any by doing this , since i cannot just take it off before i go to the dealer as i can my juice . my truck has only 1300 miles on it . thanks alot .

HD-Nate
10-01-2003, 11:12
Take a look at "My Pictures" below for pictures of Kennedy

ratlover
10-01-2003, 11:12
Exhaust sound is very subjective. JK will shoot you straight and try to get you in a system that does what you want. I dont know about Heath, never delt with em?

The dealer cant deny waranty unless they prove what you did was the cause of the problem. Removing cats and all that might run you into other problems though.

Edit: I should mention......trying to catch a ride in someones ride with what you are thinking about might be a good idea. Remeber though that cab configs make a difference in noise too supposedly.....

Edit # 2 In regards to below.....Juice aint a bolt on, its just unpluging and pluging in of a couple of wires tongue.gif j/k smile.gif And I dint really notice any perforamce gain with my exhaust? A bit quicker spool up but still same top end feel. Definatly worth it though. I would describe mine like yours.....I dont really notice in the cab but I have startled some people and if you got the windows down it does make it pretty noticable. All about preferece....

DATSBAD
10-01-2003, 12:41
your truck looks great and i really like the looks of that exhaust. i just figured that when i get my attitude hooked up that exhaust would be a good thing to add to it . anymore info from anyone else would be great thanks

YZF1R
10-01-2003, 15:46
My JK system sounds great to me without being too loud. I like details like the S.S. band clamps.

Steve

Kent Tuttle
10-01-2003, 16:31
I second the band clamps. A nice touch that others don't seem to offer. Not to bad with the noise unless you are next to a building with the windows down and nailing it :D I don't have any issues at cruise speeds.

NFLDMAX
10-01-2003, 16:47
I also have the Kennedy exhaust....love the sound. It can have a slight drone around 1800 RPM, but I still love it smile.gif

DATSBAD
10-01-2003, 19:27
THANKS GUYS , I GUESS I WILL ORDERING THE EXHAUST FROM KENNEDY , THANKS

ibelyea
10-01-2003, 22:04
I,m on my second Heath Diesel exhaust system and they are as good if not better than any of the other brands being used on the forum. My first one was on my 98 and it really made a big difference. My 4" system on my 2002 is just as good and the installation was a snap. It took me longer to remove the stock system than to install the Heath system. My EGTs are easier to control and the sound is throtty but smooth. The Donaldson is straight thru so there is no restriction as mentioned in other posts. Bill is fast on delivery and the shipping is free. While it is not stainless steel, I think that it will last as long as I need it and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I think stainless steel is overkill that is unneeded. I could buy 3-4 Heath systems for the cost of some of the systems on the market today.

ndamico
10-02-2003, 09:56
I have to throw my 2 cents in for Banks. Nice construction, perfect fit. they just redesigned the muffer. it is supposed to be quieter than the old one. I have the older one and think it sounds great. its not as loud as my engine and my tires make more noise than it does.. i have 3 friends with the same banks exhaust and we've all been pleased with the sound (girlfriends included). and for a banks product, the price is surprisingly low.

just MHO...

ski
10-02-2003, 12:05
i must echo Nick's assessment of the Banks exhaust. I have the new muffler and dual wall 5" tip and love the sound. I have no drone at any speed. Fit and finish is very nice. No experience with anything else other than a straight pipe. I can PM you where to buy from if you are interested.

GMC-2002-Dmax
10-02-2003, 12:35
I also have the Banks Exhaust. It is a very well constructed system, fir perfectly and was a big improvement in EGT's at WOT.

I am very Pleased.

GMC :D