PDA

View Full Version : Performance chips

Barc
05-21-2002, 21:08
Can anyone tell me what kind of chip to put in the Duramax?? According to my dealer they ordered one for a customer who absolutley LOVES IT!! The salesman wasn't sure of the cost or availability but I am going to check into it tomorrow - he claimed it plugged right in where the techs plug in their hand held units to check codes?! Hypertech?? Any thoughts and/or advice is appreciated!!!

Imagine the look on the faces of Cum-alongs (Cummins) and Flowerstroke (Powerstroke) drivers when all they see it tail-lights!!! :D :D :D

NutNbutGMC
05-21-2002, 22:27
^...Barc, what has the dealer been smokin? No chip that I know of. JK or some of these other diesel heads may have something up their sleeve, but I've never heard of a Duramax chip, except for the one that comes standard, limiting the RPM and MPH... :D :D

Kennedy
05-21-2002, 22:54
The word "chip" is used loosely for most any performance programming mod.

Did you know: That chipping a Ford does not replace any chip, rather it ADDS a chip to a covered, waxed portion of the PCM circuit board?

Could be they used a programmer on a gasser... The only other ALDL application was the old Power Play/Plug module.

Alli-max
05-22-2002, 20:24
Did you know JK??? LOL

I feel like I am watching the last 5 minutes of Sportscenter with Rich Eisen.. :D :D

NutNbutGMC
05-22-2002, 20:30
^....Sorry that I am not a loose-term-ebonic interpreter. :D . 5 years in Information Technology had disqualified me for that. A chip is a chip. No other way about it, and I haven't seen or heard tell of a chip for a RPM choked Duramax. :D :D smile.gif
Alli-Max...Did you know??? LMAO....

[ 05-22-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>