PDA

View Full Version : Ive heard it all!!!!!

walkerkd
05-24-2002, 07:21
MY BUDDY is a diesel mechanic for ford and has been for several years, now theres another head gasket rumor.. man are these getting deep, now our trucks have 4 heads (2 heades per bank) and 4 head gaskets that keep failing.. yea anyway! i asked him were he got that from and some guy in odessa told him that they keep blowing gaskets.. i said thats kinda of funny i have yet to date heard of any head failure.. HERE WE GO AGAIN!!! he told me hell how many thing have we heard about tranny failure in the fords i said millions..we laughed i refreshed his memory that my trucks(f550's) all have well over 150k on them with no prolems he laughed!!! anyway! though i would share..

ZFMax
05-24-2002, 08:55
Insecurity over the Duramax among *some* Ford and Dodge owners sure runs deep. It's almost as if their whole self-esteem is tied up in the notion that their truck is superior, and the Duramax is a threat to that.

As a result, anecdotal and unverifiable stories proliferate, to help rationalize something that's really an emotional position. Flaws and deficiencies in the threatening product are imagined, and repeated enough, it becomes accepted as fact. Kinda childish.

Whatever. As a person who's owned several Fords and recently bought a Duramax, I can tell you objectively that it's a hell of a nice pickup.

But, making a great product is only half the battle, the other half of providing a good ownership experience is in the after-sale service area. So far, Chevrolet is falling WAY short of my experience with Ford in that department. And if I can't get it turned around, it'll be back to Ford for me. Ford seems to have a much better internal network for sharing service information, a much more responsive customer assistance center (Chevy's is a joke), and despite having many more problems with my Fords than with this Chevy, never once did the Ford dealer throw up his hands and try to tell me it was "normal" or "we can't hear it" after it had been demonstrated to them. It's hard to get mad at someone when they're trying, but it makes me mad as hell when they quit trying. I'm going to another dealer, but my patience with this stuff is limited.

walkerkd
05-24-2002, 10:17
man i have been there... believe me i recently had a 8.1/alli and used so much oil i had to run along the coast with a tanker. just to keep it running.. and faught and faught.. they finally traded me out into a dmax.. i trieed the cac center.,.. what a joke.. its normal was thier famos words.. everything is normall.