PDA

View Full Version : Dropped a load in Allison

Mic
05-24-2002, 19:17
Got home from work today, as usual, except the wife didn't tell me until we're out the door that a package came for me. Yes, THE JUICE. No time to install now, must wait! :mad:
When we got home, 5 mins and it's in.
It took more time to fasten the velcro then install the unit itself. ;)

Now the test.

Level 4 and hit the go peddle and I just about sh1t my pants!! (almost a full load) :eek:

From the earth shaking low end grunt through the second gear tire smoking (no brake torque), to the top end govener in NO time.
This F'ing box MOVES!!!

Stop by a buddies house and took him for a launch. About all he could say is " Now you gotta take it to the track and race it."

For nearly 7k lbs. this machine haul arse.

BIG thumbs up to the Edge Guys.

On Edit: NOW I know why there has been noone updating fuel economy numbers with the Juice. I truely understand now! :D

[ 05-24-2002: Message edited by: Mic ]</p>

NutNbutGMC
05-24-2002, 19:22
^...Mic, what is the top speed of your juiced machine?

Mic
05-24-2002, 19:27
You know, I never really could take my eyes off the road to look down. I would guess still 97mph :confused: .....

But I may check that out on a desserted road one day this weekend. I do not think the Juice will change it, but I can be wrong???

When I did fly co-pilot, I notice a short blast of black smoke on heavy accel.....But I like it.
It looks like a real truck now, NOTHING excessive...just a look out here I come kindda thing.

mackin
05-24-2002, 19:36
Yes, it is 97 been there done that . Unless you get some bigger OD tires with no calibration ......... You think 3.5 tons move . I'm 4 tons + and with 235/85 dual rears and I break traction on a launch ........ That is clearly over a 30 "patch making contact .......I was amazed tonight ... I truly have to hand it to EDGE, so smooth too... How wide are slicks ........? Come on "NUTTIN BUT GMC" you got to get one ........ Plop down 7 large and get it over with .......
MAC :D :D

MIC, it was a long wait HUH ......... Glad you got it .........I'm sure your happy now ...... I'm glad for ya ........

[ 05-24-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Capt. Tom
05-25-2002, 13:01
I guess the production numbers are up :D I received my JUICE yesterday also. I just don't know why they gave us 4 settings. D-4 is the only way to go! :cool:

Happyness has come to Tampa! Now the question, Fish, or D-MAX???