PDA

View Full Version : I outran a powerstroke @ the track

Geerrhead
05-24-2002, 21:56
Hello all,

I had the pleasure of showing my tail lights to a ford! I beat his extended cab by about 6 truck length's. I pulled him outta the hole and never looked back. I think he ran 16.1, to my 15.6. There were a number of people running there tow vehicles. The fastest ford ran a 15.9. My buddy's Dodge dually ran in the 17's or 18's. He wouldn't run me, when he found out my ET. I love this truck!!!!!!!! IF I could only get my hands on the "juice". I have a few ideas for this truck. I will be hooking the tech 2 up, along with gauges. ;)

Chris N5CWM
05-24-2002, 23:52
Fun wasn't it? smile.gif

Just hope ya don't run across this guy:

http://www.pbase.com/midmadn/powerstroke_

-Chris

[ 05-24-2002: Message edited by: Chris N5CWM ]</p>

mackin
05-25-2002, 05:48
Geerrhead ,

What's up ......... You should be able to get your mits on a juice ..... Hell I got an extra one ....... Sorry spoken for ....... Get one ... Your MOPAR friend will leave his truck home ,if you do ........Seven , Eight large is all it will take to JUICE it up ........Worth the price ...... HOT DIGGIDEY ........

MAC :D :D

I wonder who owns that FURD? He is in our neck of the woods... Well mine anyway ....... Never seen it ......HHMMMMM ...... I'm a lookin .. Finally some competition ...... tongue.gif

[ 05-25-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Geerrhead
05-25-2002, 06:07
Hi Mac,

I have not had any luck locating a "juice box". I emailed them about 3 weeks ago. They said they would let me know when they are available. I met this great Ford guy at the track. After I made a couple of passes, he was checking my rig out. The best I ran was a 16.7 with 2 people. The Ford guy had a Van Akin box with him. He loaned it to me for the day. WOW, what a difference! I dropped 1.1 seconds off of my ET. All it took was a 5 minute installation. Once the truck shifted into 2nd, it started pullin a lot harder than stock. I picked up about 5 miles an hour as well! I thought it was a generous gesture of this Ford guy.He had a 4 door CC F350, I think he had it chipped. Our trucks were similary equipped. His truck weighed 7600 pounds. I need to weigh mine. I have to hook up with you some time Mac! :D

mackin
05-25-2002, 06:38
Geerrhead ,

I shot you an E-MAIl ...... For a little advice ..
MAC ;)

pullinpower
05-25-2002, 10:45
good kill geerrhead :D

Maverick
05-25-2002, 22:51
I know the feeling. I toasted a 99' PS with a chip, propane, & 5" exhaust. I was running my Juice box. Had him by 3 at 70.

A 15.6? Stock? Or was that with the VA box? It had to be. 15.6 is pretty quick to be stock. I ran 17.3 stock and 15.3 Juiced. Gained 10mph.

Geerrhead
05-26-2002, 07:00
Hello,

Chris; I couldn't open your link :(
Thanks Pullinpower.
Maverick; I ran a 16.7 stock, 15.6 with the 70HP VA box. I tried the Allison relearn @ the end of the strip. I could not feel any improvement in the allison adaption's. I was definately losing some ET on each shift. The VA box startin pullin hard in second gear, what an improvement! I picked up 5 mph and 1.1 seconds. I love these trucks. smile.gif

Thanks MAC & Shumdit

R Waller
05-26-2002, 20:02
:rolleyes: "act like you've been there before" :rolleyes:

If I posted everytime I outran a Duramax, you'd be out of server space..... :D