PDA

View Full Version : "Fish Bite" more 0n 01,s 0r 02,s with juice?

MGM
05-25-2002, 16:30
Hearing about several reports claiming fish bite running with juice, is this more prevelent with 2001 or 2002 DMAX or is it a case of individual trucks,and the year man.is irrelevant?

mark45678
05-25-2002, 18:02
If I remember right the 01 without updates seam to do it more.I would hope that at some point JK chimes in and give us his opinion on the subject!the big brown truck didnt show up friday so I am still hopeing mine will not be a problem.. tongue.gif

IndigoDually
05-25-2002, 18:14
OK, I'll take the bait. Fish Bite? I must have missed that one, or it must be "the one that got away" from me. :D

John :confused:

MGM
05-25-2002, 18:43
Sorry John thought everyone was familiar with the term. Fish bite is a phenomina when the new box,s are installed and cause a lurching,pulling action similar to a fish biting a line.It only happens in some trucks.

JrTuner
05-27-2002, 07:24
Just installed the Juice on my 02 (built I think 6/01) and have a little fish nibble at 50-65 mph with the converter locked at very little throttle angle, i.e. cruising. Otherwise the truck runs it ass off. Another point to mention, went through my first half tank of fuel with the Juice installed and actually picked up 1 mpg. That was on level four with some hot rodding. I guess you can have the best of both worlds.

mackin
05-27-2002, 19:06
I believe I am one of the few left that have not and will not do any PCM-TCM updates ........ No way no how (Well I hope never to)...... My truck was a late 01 (MAY) so it had all current to that date updates, 02 production began in June ....... Has run strong from the get go ...... Got the "JUICE" no FISHING allowed ....... Drove around pretty fierce today ...... Nuttin ........

I was told it was recommended with the Van Aaken (BD) box ....... One of the reasons I would not get one among others ..... I addressed this issue with Aaron about not doing the reflash .... His quote was " I wouldn't he thought in the testing the 01 they had ran stronger" ...... Oh ya, that's what I wanted to hear ..... So put me in the "01 No Fish Bite" column ....... I think the detuning shifts in stock 02 configuration, plus the shift business reflash puts more into the confusion, for the "JUICE" box to hack in ........ IMHO
Which is resulting in the fish-bite syndrome........But what the Hell do I know ........Just an Idea ..........
MAC :D :D

[ 05-27-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>