PDA

View Full Version : Allison Education ......

mackin
05-26-2002, 14:20
I stumbled on to this link while doing some searching .......
==>http://www.gmtcny.com/allison_lct_1000.htm
Lots of basic fundamental info on our tranny ..... Good reading and for reference ... enjoy ......Those who want, or haven't seen it ..... Not to techie niether .......
MAC :D :D

CanadaKev
05-26-2002, 16:42
Mac,
Very interesting reading. It's good to be a little more informed as to the inner workings of this Alli. Kinda feel sorry for the boys up in Alaska and out in the Mid-west, @ -49 degrees I guess they'll either have to walk to work, saddle up their horse or hitch up their sled dogs :D :D :D

madmax7
05-26-2002, 21:51
The warmth generated from the engine must help to warm the Allison. I can't imagine that you are SOL at -49!?

AlaskaDmax
05-27-2002, 00:15
Although we do get some extreme temps from time to time here in Anchorage, we do not experience those temps regularly...mostly those temps are wind chill with the ambient at -20 or -30...the guys in Fairbanks however...that is a whole different ball game. I did not notice any quirks with the truck this last winter at all. Actually I was VERY impressed. I would not let any environmental conditions on the cold side deter any person from purchasing this truck....can't speak to the hot side though.

Later!

CanadaKev
05-27-2002, 07:03
I was only kidding ;) I'm sure you guys have ways to keep the tranny oil warm in extreme conditions. You probably even have to use block heaters at certain times of the year eh? smile.gif smile.gif

AKDmax
05-27-2002, 10:54
Ya, and in the summer it's a B!@#H to keep the igloo from melting :cool: ! Running a 100W heater on my tranny and oil pan to keep them warm. One question for you Allison Guru's. What is the normal (unloaded) operating temp? I noticed yesterday in town I was running 200. Didn't seem normal but cooled down when I got back on the highway. Had to hurry home with more ice block for the abode.

[ 05-27-2002: Message edited by: AKDmax ]</p>