PDA

View Full Version : Straight Pipe Replacement, Where to Buy?

4meseb
05-26-2002, 15:03
I would like to remove my muffler and replace it with a Straight Pipe but can't find anybody locally that can bend a pipe any larger than 3". I would like to be able to put the muffler back in should I have to go into the shop for warranty work, so I would prefer a piece that I can Clamp in Place. Those Kennedy Band Clamps look like they would work pretty good.
My dilema is this.
Is there anybody Manufacturing them for our trucks?
Would appreciate any help. If you would like to email me privately ,
please do so at sbailey@qualastat.com
Thanks, Scott

CanadaKev
05-26-2002, 15:14
4meseb,
I have the same predicament. I'm going to try a shop that works on the big rigs. They have the ability to mandrel bend the larger diamiter pipes. kev

NickLeinonen
05-26-2002, 15:18
try a truck shop [big rig shop..] they have all kinds of stuff. i got all the piping to make my 4" exhaust for my 'hoe as well as some flex pipe and all the clamps that i would need. those band clamps are like $10 CDN. gonna get my next set of batteries from my truck shop too... $79 CDN each @ 950cca fleetrite i think is the brand..

has anyone taken their stock muffler and cut it open and gutted it?> that will make some more noise too...

mark45678
05-26-2002, 20:09
if your not removeing a cat whats the differance? there isnt a warrenty issue that I can see! I have had both of my 6.5 truck in for warrenty work with after market exhaust they never gave it a second look, in fact on tec asked what I thought.Did it help the HP,and how did it pull after? the why I see it as long as your not changeing anything befor the turbo what can they say!!!! :D

Tader Jack
05-29-2002, 13:11
You may want to check out what stevem did with a 3.5" Dynomax muffler and some straight pipe he purchased at Summit Racing. He has photos below . . .

www.picturetrail.com/stevem

Bocephus3
05-29-2002, 20:01
Rip Rook, www.sourceautomotive.biz, he'll set ya up.

DSLPOWR
05-30-2002, 02:02
Local shope bent/flared mine, but as a money saver they offered to use flex pipe, I didn't like the idea because flex pipe can rust out quite fast here with all the salt and I wanted a quality job done, but it would be real simple to do yourself, just clamp it over the existing pipe where you chopped it off. If you don;t like it, you can always put the muffler back on.

4meseb
05-31-2002, 19:29
Kennedy,
Is this something you could make?
I sent you an email about a week ago.
I think it may have been your old email address though.
I used the one that was on your sight.

Thanks to everyone for there responses and ideas.
Scott

Kennedy
06-02-2002, 21:56
Haven't really had the time to pursue this. I guess I just prefer to do a full system. The 3.5" muffler that I use is a bit small and short whereas the 4" muffler is a bit larger, longer, and should be a bit quieter.