PDA

View Full Version : new duramaximizer

tmg115
05-26-2002, 18:13
duramaximizer is comming out with a new one with more power :D i heard that yesterday and i called today and it is true. so guess who is getting one :cool:

i guess we will see what happens. maybe the juice has some compatition.

[ 05-26-2002: Message edited by: tmg115 ]</p>

csimo
05-26-2002, 20:37
My question would be: Why would you want an unsafe device that increases fuel pressure well beyond design limits? If you want a box at least the Juice doesn't raise the fuel pressure.

I don't have either one, but I would never use any device that increases the fuel pressure to such unsafe levels. Your life depends on it.

madmax7
05-26-2002, 21:37
I agree- There were many who had issues with the Van Aaken (BD Dynomite) box. You can scan back and see many who experienced internal fuel leaks as a result of higher fuel pressures.
Juice is currently the safest way to go.

mackin
05-27-2002, 06:02
I also agree.... But I also believe Edge does increase fuel pressure in order to get more "JUICE" in the combustion chamber, you pretty much have to ........ Oh,,,oh . As Mr. Kennedy and other have pointed out people have had fuel leakage with no mods........ Not that I would ever "SWAP" my EDGE "JUICE" for no other ..... They (EDGE) have taken all adjustable parameters (not just one, as some others) to get this performance enhancement ..... The biggest IMHO, is the have addressed safety for the ALLISON and will detune the shift ...... TOP SHELF ......
MAC :D :D

[ 05-27-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

JEBar
05-27-2002, 06:59
tmg115...Have no doubt that the Juice is a quality product but like you, feel that the Duramaximizer is the product that will best meet my needs and driving style. For me, the almost infinite adjustability of having the unit completely off while driving around town to...at the simple turn of a knob (without raising the hood)...instatnly bringing on line needed power, is a major plus. JK and many others have attested to the fact that the units usually work flawlessly and don't set off codes. Have one of the new and improved units on order and am certainly looking forward to its arrival. Look forward to reading your post after you get one and try it out. :D

tmg115
05-27-2002, 09:52
i don't think the maximizer raises the fuel presser up that much. and the maximizer only work at half throtle and up. so really it is one of the safer units.

csimo
05-27-2002, 11:12
Below is the reply I received from Edge Products when I asked if the Juice raised fuel pressure. I have no evidence either way. The only thing I do know is to never, never use a product that gets power by raising the fuel pressure rail.

Reply from Edge:

We do not raise fuel pressure with the "Juice". I have also sent a letter
with the e-mail read it and if you have any more questions please let me
know.

Thanks,

Aaron Stewart
Edgeproductsinc.com
5875 South Adams Ave. Parkway
Suite 100
Ogden, Ut. 84405
801-476-3343
801-476-3348Fax

mackin
05-27-2002, 11:53
csimo,

Wow, I thought for sure that was one of the ways they turned up the power ..... I believed they did, but moderately ....... Who knew..... I guess we'll have to take there word for till JK chimes in with his opinion ....... He knows for sure ...... Or he could find out with OBD .......
MAC :confused:

Kennedy
05-27-2002, 12:55
The claim to fame for the Juice is NO increase in fuel rail pressure. That said, it would be VERY easy to add that parameter to the existing module...

The only way to verify the actual pressure is to install a mechanical gauge as if the sensor signal is being fooled, the Tech 2 will see the fooled value which will be correct in the ECM's minds eye.

That said, I don't necessarily think an increase in pressure is a bad thing, done in MODERATION. I think once the fuel system components are beefed up a bit, this will prove to be a very viable addition. I had fuel in oil early on, and my theory was that the rail psi relief valve was dumping and over pressurizing the return side
lines. Since this incident, I have made some alterations (disclosed at RIV) and have NOT had a repeat of this occurrence.

As for the Duramaximizer upgrades, I am in the dark on this one, but all I was told (some time ago) was the boost referenced in lieu of the APP referenced signals to get it to work on cruise control. There was another company that wanted me to try a similar device, but when I explained that the APP referenced design COULD not work on cruise control as he had claimed, he disappeared :rolleyes:

mackin
05-27-2002, 13:09
Thank's JK.........
MAC :D

JEBar
05-27-2002, 15:14
JK...translation requested:

"Since this incident, I have made some alterations (disclosed at RIV) and have NOT had a repeat of this occurrence"

guess too much country and not enough mechanic in me, What is RIV? :confused:

mackin
05-27-2002, 15:49
..... Rendezvous .... In BC ..........
I believe is what Jk is referring to ........

MAC

JEBar
05-27-2002, 19:53
Thanks Mack...to far from NC to way up there in Canada so hopefully JK will come to the forum and let all of us who couldn't make it in on what he has found...please keep up the post, always enjoy reading yours :cool: