PDA

View Full Version : New Updates

thechevyhdman
05-28-2002, 01:50
Sent my truck in for service last monday. Didnt think Id be able to survive driving the piece of junk rental they gave me. There are four new updates that they installed. So my lopey idle is finally gone, and one update had to be for the Allison 2 to 1st downshift I dont notice the bang into 1st gear as much seems to downshift to first quicker and smoother. I did notice that I had a little bit of a shudder when the truck was cold, actually felt like I was driving with really knobby tires on, something wasnt too smooth but it went away. These updates were among the latest since January of this year. Alot of people dont gree with getting the updates done but my truck does feel the same as before even better I might add. The only update I am very excited about is getting the Juice, wish I had the money now, got a nice trip to Dover coming up this thursday, Id like to see what I can get on my first 100 percent highway trip, I know Ill pass the 20mpg mark. Just figured to tell you, I didnt think my Idle problem was ever going to disappear, Now I am a believer in updates. HdMan

Diesel Brad
05-28-2002, 06:58
Great! Glad to hear that the problem has been resolved.

Brad