PDA

View Full Version : More Noise, Less Power, Anyone else

DA_MAXX
06-20-2003, 21:08
Brief history: Bought truck new in Mar/03 (19mi.). :D @300mi. Had SES&Limp mode. Dealer found bad injector (#2 cross-threaded). @4500mi SES&Limp mode, Dealer had codes of a bad Ally tranny (P0700, P0732, etc). Dealer reaplaced entire transmission.

Anyway after driving a week, truck sounds much louder. Normally, that diesel engine sound lessens the faster you go. It's just as loud as doing 10-20 mph. It also seems to have less power. Is this just due to Ally re-learning ? Is this just a reprogramming thing ? The tranny seems smoother than before. Have they de-tuned me here ?

Any ideas ?

All this in just 3 months !! :confused:
Will be scheduling another visit.

Thanks

DA_MAXX
07-01-2003, 22:13
update: Stealer found no problem with noise or power issue. I did have the "service 4wd" msg once this last weekend. They are ordering parts per TSB. Message has cleared and no apparent effects.

Anyone else with these problems ?

NFLDMAX
07-02-2003, 05:42
My truck has been steadily sounding louder, but I haven't noticed any performance drop off.

HD-Nate
07-02-2003, 08:28
No, 8,000 miles on the clock and no problems.

I would have your dealer re-flash your computer, let the learning process start all over again.

I have noticed at times, and for no particular reason that the Duramax is making more noise than usual, to get up to the same speed, but it seems to run just fine.

I will say this, putting the K&N filter on and the 4

DmaxMaverick
07-02-2003, 12:10
Sounds like you might be locked in 4 X 4. The "service 4wd" light may be an indicator. The noise and power loss would be consistent with that.

Try some circles in the parking lot in 2wd. If the wheels scrub, there's your answer.

The 'puter may not know it is locked in, but suspects all is not well.

Good luck

DA_MAXX
07-02-2003, 23:39
D-Maverick, Thanks for the feedback. Tried that test. It doesn't appear to be locked into 4wd. The msg has remained cleared.

The D-mechanic I took on test drive didn't seem to think that there is more noise. Although he drives an 02 D/A w/285 mudders.

Noise sounds more like differential/axle hum. Noise more noticeable around 70mph. Mech thought maybe tires were to blame. I'll have them "road force" balanced and see if this helps.

Thanks for the replies.