PDA

View Full Version : Dyno #s

heartbeatcanada
06-21-2003, 11:51
Well boys went and dynoed last night and had a bad feeling going there :eek: . Buddy with the tech 2 didn't show :mad:

Oh well i'm here now, might as well get some #s. We dynoed my performance providers furd first. His top # was i think 350-360, thats with 100hp diablo, propane and larger turbo, and 1to1 ratio. Not bad, i know the truck pulls good as i was drivin it last week with the prop. on. It is hard to see through the holes cut in the paper bag, as i didn't want to be seen drivin a furd. :D

My turn, so we hook her up and figure we'll get it into 5th and roll em, with no downshiftin into 4th. At least all the #s will be constant, and see what the gains are from my baseline.Here they are Stock-231hp
Predator 100hp-320hp 89hp gain
Edge125hp-347hp 116hp gain
100pred+125edge-367hp 136hp gain

We did run a 4th gear and let it shift into 5th stacked got 405hp at the end of 4th just before the shift. Now i don't know how accurate these #s are(kinda low) that we did it in 5th, but the guy who ran my truck( we'll just say he probably has more experience than anybody on this board, no offence, as he is a programmer for some of our power modules, but mostly does furds, have to keep name under raps) said that the combination that we tried should have posted a little over 400hp, from what he has seen. He said all the #s that i posted were lower than he typically has run or seen. The furd even produced lower #s than previous dynos.

We ran on a dyno jet, if this means anything. Didn't get to talk to (name being held) much as he was writing custom tunes on the spot, and running back and forth from laptop to truck and everything in between. He is going to write a custom program for me to try today, but unfortunatley i can't met up with him today, and dyno it, so i'll have to go by seat of the pants.

Intersting note, a Z06 vette dynoed after me
. He had the heads and cam done, and the predator installed and dynoed at 413hp. We're not to far apart, except his torque #s were in the upper 300's, if memory serves me correct. One other thing i learnt, our friend Broker knows something that alot of use didn't believe or don't want to hear. :eek: I'll leave it at that.

Looking forward to seeing the east coast boys #s tomorrow as hopefully there tech 2 doesn't fall through like mine did. :mad: :mad: Man i can't believe the smoke the max produced stacked, the wall was white, but she sure isn't now. :eek:

Leaving the dyno, my power provider lined up beside me. We boosted and he counted to 3 and we were off. It was close for about 20ft then it was all dmax. Probably 1/8th mile we ran(stop light) and had 1-2 lengths on him. And yes he had the propane on. Good showing, but wanted to line up against the vette and see if i was close to him, probably not, but i don't think he could drive too good as he stalled it coming out of the garage :confused: Anywhoo i'll stop with the novel now. Later

Maverick
06-21-2003, 13:24
The numbers do look alittle low compared to what I have seen on the board here. I pulled 258 rwhp stock and juiced on 90hp was 350 rwhp with my 3500.

One other thing i learnt, our friend Broker knows something that alot of use didn't believe or don't want to hear. I'll leave it at that.
You can't say that....."leave it at that".

Waaaassss uppppppp?

mackin
06-21-2003, 14:44
What year Powder Stroke ???? 100 Hp chip ,with drugs 350-360 ??? That's Poopie at best !!!!!!

The biggest think with the Vette is he only has to push about 3300 LB down the road,big difference ..... ;)

Mac :D :D :D

heartbeatcanada
06-21-2003, 15:15
Maverick- Don't know if the #s are low cause of the 5th gear runs, but know the stock #s should have been 10-20hp higher. Sooo based on that i'm not sure if i should add that to the other #s??? Did you dyno in 4th???As far as "leave it at that" lets just say big brother knows the day it was done.

Mackin- Its a 99 powderstroke. He dynoed it 3 days before last night and had 40 more horse :confused: The only thing he did was add a resinator in the downpipe as the 6.0pos has, to reduce the god awful turbo whine from the larger turbo. Trust me when i say god awful loud. He was gonna dyno again today, without the resinator and see what kinda #s he pulls. If they are still low then i'd have to say theres something scweerd about the machine???? When you guys dyno tomorrow are you guys gonna play the stackin game with da juice and da predator????Later smile.gif

Maverick
06-21-2003, 15:20
Yes I ran in 4th.

As far as "leave it at that" lets just say big brother knows the day it was done.
Your really bugging me now! tongue.gif Spill it! :D

mackin
06-21-2003, 15:29
When you guys dyno tomorrow are you guys gonna play the stackin game with da juice and da predator????Later
Not me .......... No time to check my clutches .... tongue.gif But I think GMC - Tony will ... He was under his truck today ... For what ?? Dunno,wouldn't say....Maybe I'll find out later ...

Mac :D :D :D

GMC-2002-Dmax
06-21-2003, 16:25
Originally posted by mackin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> When you guys dyno tomorrow are you guys gonna play the stackin game with da juice and da predator????Later
Not me .......... No time to check my clutches .... tongue.gif But I think GMC - Tony will ... He was under his truck today ... For what ?? Dunno,wouldn't say....Maybe I'll find out later ...

Mac :D :D :D </font>[/QUOTE]Uh, I was checking the torque on my tranny pan bolts, took it down to uh, check my clutches :eek: . Yup still there ;) .

Something came in the brown truck yesterday, big box and a little box. Wonder what it was.

Find out tomorrow.

GMC

heartbeatcanada
06-21-2003, 16:56
Maverick

Lets just say every time you use your "camera" and FLASH it, your big brother can find out the last time it was done, and i assume if it doesn't match your local "photographers tech garage" records. i'd have to say they could maybe say " your on candid camera". If you can read between the lines, then theres your answer. Don't want to get into what happened to Brokers. As far as being true, i'd have to say i beleive it, coming from the source.P.S only the gm products so far, maybe the new SuperDutys will be the same way :confused: Don't want too hold back from you guys, but don't want anybody to get in shiet :eek:

I can just imagine the stories that are gonna take place tomorrrow night. I think i'll buy shares in a keyboard company, as theres probably gonna be some burnt up from all the excitement tongue.gif Later

heartbeatcanada
06-21-2003, 17:04
Sorry forgot to mention, obviously not all products are affected by this only some. Didn't get a chance to ask about the others, like i said he was a very busy man at the time, and i forgot to finish up with the interigation :D Later smile.gif

Woody1
06-21-2003, 21:55
C'mon H.B. Canada, some of us are saving our pennies and anxiously watching the results of this board trying to decide on a product! Give us the scoop as to which can be detected without a doubt -- per your source of course-- :confused:

mackin
06-22-2003, 04:08
It's the "loader's" ....... Not Plug and Play,aft ECM .....
My assumption ,you know what that means,is that the ECM is dating last change and or last re-set ....

This was brought up previously (AKA GMC-Tony) but never proven yes or no ..... For how long stored and how many dates and times also ......

Really isn't a big deal to me ..... Buy yourself a spare "Play ECM " if your that worried ....

This theroy is open for much debate it's validity as I'm sure it doesen't store "what" was changed or altered .....

I would just say I own a Tech II ...... What they gonna tell you ,Prove it ???

This IMO comes into play with a "major" failure that is a possible warranty denial ....

I may have the opportunity to see today,I had two ECM flashes on the same day ,one GM one not......

But I aint telling =&gt;Disclaimer ; None of this has been proven,all pure speculation ....

Yes I will=&gt;Send no hate mail ,I could care less ..... Anybody who does,I'll drag it public ,On your Forum ,The People's Forum ..... I just want to share ....

Mac ;)

OC_DMAX
06-22-2003, 07:53
OK, so where does date and/or time and/or some other code come from? Assumption would be that it comes from the programmer, not the ECM itself. If the Predator restores the factory code back to flash exactly as it read it originally, then one would assume the old date and/or time is restored?

[ 06-22-2003, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: OC_DMAX ]

heartbeatcanada
06-22-2003, 08:46
OC DMAX

I am no auto wizard, but would assume even if you restored factory tune, it records each and every time the ecm is flashed in either direction :confused: As Mackin said there is probably a way around it, but if it got down to it GM will win more than likely, if they continue with there p!ss poor warranty. I will say there could possibly be a company looking into overwriting that GM function as we speak :eek: Doesn't matter to me, as if there is a problem and GM and i agree the problem was from the juice or pred. i'll pony up, and take full responsibility. I run my own contracting business and don't like when people don't have enough stones to fess up to problems they have done and try to blame me. I know the consiquences and im a big boy, if ya wanta play eventually your gonna pay.Later :D

sdaver
06-22-2003, 09:54
but you could own two computers(ecms)$800

mackin
06-22-2003, 20:52
As a Tech II stands alone,nothing to be found ..... Not to say it can or will be done down the road or with present readers not available to general public .....

So reported to me ... Thanks bud .....

Mac ;)

Woody1
06-22-2003, 20:55
Thanks Mack, HB Canada, and Sdaver

That's what I was looking for - an informed opinion. It'll be helpful for guys like me trying to make the right decision. I think this is what makes this board! :cool:

RWTD
06-23-2003, 00:05
Originally posted by heartbeatcanada:
Didn't get to talk to (name being held) much as he was writing custom tunes on the spot, and running back and forth from laptop to truck and everything in between. He is going to write a custom program for me to try today, but unfortunatley i can't met up with him today, and dyno it, so i'll have to go by seat of the pants.Curious, but I assume he has some form of flash tuning system, other than the Predator, in order to personally write a custom program and be able to flash your Duramax?

Lemme know! Thanks!

heartbeatcanada
06-23-2003, 17:03
James

That night he was doing Furd programs. I just got off the phone and got in big trouble for not showing up Saturday night(had to look after the kids) as they stayed up late Fri. night and wrote a custom tune. Don't know what it is yet, gonna go get my tool back tomorrow night, and see what she's about. :cool: Later smile.gif

RWTD
06-23-2003, 17:15
Originally posted by heartbeatcanada:
James

That night he was doing Furd programs. I just got off the phone and got in big trouble for not showing up Saturday night(had to look after the kids) as they stayed up late Fri. night and wrote a custom tune. Don't know what it is yet, gonna go get my tool back tomorrow night, and see what she's about. :cool: Later smile.gif Ahhh, I see now. I didn't quite understand you before. I thought you meant he had his own software (non DiabloSport), and he was actually manipulating the data himself.

So you will know, he's actually not the one who writes custom tunes if he's doing DiabloSport stuff. DiabloSport direct is the only folks who are able to write tunes for their products. He's just relaying the information to them, and then they make him a new tune, and emails it to him, and/or places it on his private section on their dealer site.

Sincerely...