PDA

View Full Version : Question on the Juice

ford2chevy
05-30-2002, 09:38
I am not noticing any difference in the different power settings. When you turn the key, put the shifter in D or 3,2,1 and pess the accelerator three times, do you need to start it right then or turn the key off, then start it?

mackin
05-30-2002, 11:29
What I did is set it, which level I wanted, put in "PARK" and start imediately ...... That worked for me ..........
Each time ......I changed ... I did do T/H and reg (not T/H) with out starting in between ........
MAC smile.gif

Kennedy
05-30-2002, 11:59
Shift back to park, and then start it up.

There is a new "confirmation sequence" out thet will blip the engine RPM the correct number of times to indicate level. This is in the latest versions.

I WOULDN'T go crazy trying to get updated just yet though as from what I am told, Brett is HOT on the tail of the fishbite situation and should have things smoothed out very soon. Also, overwhelming requests to to updates will bog down production programming as well...

ford2chevy
05-30-2002, 12:09
Also, I set my regualar to power 4 and t/h to reverse which is suppose to be off and t/h set me back in the seat more than power setting 4.

mackin
05-30-2002, 15:11
ford2chevy,

COOL ...........

Something isn't right .. I hate to say it but you're doing something wrong, or something is wrong with your box ......... T/H will feel a bit BA**SER .... You are not getting "0" ...... There is no zero as I understand it , unless you have version 3.2 ....... It is default level 2 ........Look under your box for version .......

MAC :D :D

mark45678
05-30-2002, 15:20
one more thing to do is wait about 30 seconds after you set it for the blink change oil light....then start it up!

mackin
05-30-2002, 16:01
mark45678,

Dude your right about that mine was blinking each time ....... Good thing I don't use it to keep track . ......

MAC :D

Joe.G
05-30-2002, 17:50
mackin
Just got mine, looked under the box and see nothing but anodized aluminum. Yours have a tag on it?

Kennedy
05-30-2002, 18:55
And the latest is 3.2. Dot fret, it is CERTAIN to update again quite soon. Then they can be updated to the latest/greatest level.

If updating is as easy as with the VA, it will be a piece of cake, and will likely be handled by the selling dealer.

mackin
05-30-2002, 21:02
What Shumdit said .......

MAC :D

ford2chevy
05-31-2002, 07:58
Why does the change oil light blink when you change power settings? I'm hoping it confirms the power setting with the correct number of blinks, but thats not the case is it?

Mic
05-31-2002, 09:57
Ford2chevy

Now THAT is a GREAT idea for setting confirmation!!! smile.gif smile.gif

tjc
05-31-2002, 14:06
ford 2chevy
Did you get things set up so that you can tell difference in power settings?? I seem to be having same results as yours with juice. Have Banks,AMSoil filter,gauges etc. seems to run better, but nothing like I've read on this thread.

MAXed Out
05-31-2002, 14:22
Regarding a visual power level setting confirmation, how about an LED added to the box which clearly displays the level?

Or,

Tie into the on-star system and have a sexy voice announce:

Level 0
Level 1
Level 2
Level 3
Hold on to your ____!

[ 05-31-2002: Message edited by: MAXed Out ]</p>

stretch
05-31-2002, 15:50
TJC,
I have the same results as you. The juice is definetly a power maker but not like some others described. I guess it gets down to the "individualism" of these trucks which I cannot comprehend. I guess we have a more sluggish version of the Dmax. I do want to clarify that I don't think it has anything to do with the juice box since I always felt that my truck was a bit sluggush from the beginning. I didn't even see dramatic results with the PowerPlay either. :confused:

ford2chevy
06-04-2002, 08:20
Both boxes are worth the money. As for beating Mustangs, I don't think so. I have both boxes stacked and would like to race one though. With the VA box before 33" tires I could scratch between 1st and 2nd, no more. Both boxes really sets you back, even at 60mph